Chapter Thirty-Eight

Sorry for the late update, guys. Hope you enjoy this chapter!! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~3rd person pov~

Three kids tread sneakily out of the palace, trying not to catch the attention of the maids or the guards. Heading towards the plains, they giggled as they managed to get there without getting caught. The kids run around as they race through the field, feeling glee from the small freedom they get.

Loki: Do you think this is a good idea?

Thor: don't worry. We'll be fine.

Lana: So, what do you wanna do?

Thor: I know! Let's go and collect flowers. Who make the best flower crown, wins!

Lana: Okay!

They went around collecting the flowers of their choice, then sit near each other as they start to work on their little project. They talked with each other, sometimes saying that their flower crown will be the best. The group of siblings are all focused on finishing their task.

Slowly, they were approached by a 'man'.

Man: Hello there. What are you kids doing here?

All of them were shocked, but Lana was the fastest to recover. She quickly stood up and stayed in front of her brothers.

Lana: Who are you? Why do you approach us?

The man stunned at her quick response but quickly put on a smiling facade.

Man: Oh, nothing. I'm just a passer-by and just wanted to greet you guys.

Lana: Liar. Get out of our sight.

Man: Why would you assume that I'm a liar?

Lana: This is a prohibited area for other people. Get out of here!!!

The man chuckled before his skin colour changes, revealing that he was of a hated race in Asgard, the dark elves. He took out his dagger as he stared at the kids with an eerie smile.

Man: I guess undercover mission is a failure. Now, if you would just follow me, no one will get hurt.