Chapter Ten

-Part 5 of the backstory

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Zane pov~

The tower I was heading to was quite far, so I've been walking on the streets after a few jumps so I can blend in with the crowds.

I took a few naps during my journey at the nearest convenient store. I bought some water to keep me hydrated after a long walk.

One day, I was taking my naps when my senses tingling, indicating someone was right by my side. I got up slowly and pack my stuff and throw away the garbage I have with me.

As I walk out, I saw a glimpse of a man, getting up from his seat. I didn't take notice of how he looked like and proceeded to continue my journey.

' He better not follow me. I've had enough of bad guys.'

I just walked through the bustling pavement in the city. When I turn around the corner, I saw the same man from the store. He had long black hair, a black suit and have light green eyes.

I decided to lose him on the way. I walk faster as I search for a dark alley. When I arrived at one, I turned and quickly use my power to fly up to the roof top. I sneakily, peeked at the alley and saw the man slightly shocked before he looked up.

He saw me but I just turned around and continued my journey.

' We'll meet again.' he said, smiling.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~A few days later~

' CATCH HIM!!!'

' JUST WHO ARE THIS PEOPLE?!!!'

*
*
*

I was just walking, looking for a place to take a rest. I was feeling quite exasperated as I lack some sleep. As I scan around, suddenly a group of men, approximately around 5 - 6 people, surrounded me.

' What do you want?' I asked, warily. They're all around 2 meters away from me.

' Sorry kiddo, shouldn't have messed with the wrong guy.' one of them said.

' RUN!!!'

I could hear my gut screaming at me in alarm. I dashed towards one of them and slide through the gaps between his legs.

I easily passed through a big crowd because I have a small stature. I keep on running as the adrenaline kept on kicking.

It was quite dark at that time so I was feeling quite scared.

' HELP!!!' I shouted, feeling as if all my energy started to leave my body. I cried because I could see that the guys are not far behind.

Suddenly, someone grabbed me and I could feel that we're swinging through the buildings. I hugged that person tightly and cried as he brought me on one of the roof.

' Shh... It's alright... They're not here anymore..' he said, comforting me as I was shaking.

When I calmed down, I give my thanks and promised that I would pay back his deed.

' Do you know why you were chased back there?' He asked.

' I don't know... I was suddenly surrounded by them, so I ran. Thanks again.' I replied.

' I gotta go. You think you're safe here?'

' Maybe. What should I call you?'

He run to the edge and said ' I'm Spiderman!' as he jumped.

I found a spot on the roof to take cover. After a quick nap, I continued my way as I was getting closer. Food is getting scarce and I don't have any money to buy more.

It was at least twenty blocks away from the tower when rain started to pour. I don't want to stop by at any store just to take cover and got caught up in a mess like last time, so I just hasten my step through the rain.

I use my power to make sure that the bag is protected by the rain. I don't want to cause damage to the last thing I have of mom.

But I didn't think that my condition would deteriorated to this. The rain made my body so cold that my movement became sluggish. It was only a few more steps until I would reach my destination but my vision became blurry. I guess the lack of sleep and nutrients are catching up to me.

' Just.. a little... more...'

My vision turned pitch black...

°~Thanks for reading~°