Chapter Thirty

Yo! So the new character is based on my friend, Its_t_Nang. It'll be an interesting addition to the story. Hope you have a good read! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Zane pov~

Peter knock on the door of the history classroom and a male teacher open the door.

Peter: Hello, Mr. Dell.

Mr. Dell: Hello, Peter. What brings you here today?

Peter: I've brought the new student here.

Mr. Dell: Ah, yes. I was informed of his arrival today. Thank you, Peter.

Peter: No problem Mr. Dell.

The trio: See you later, Zane.

Me: Bye!

Mr. Dell: Come on in.

As I walk into the classroom, I could feel pairs of eyes on me. It makes me quite nervous.

Mr. Dell: As I have told you guys last week, we'll be having a new classmate. Would you please introduce yourself to the class?

Me: Hello, I'm Zane Ford. You can call me Zane.

Mr. Dell: Do you have any hobbies?

Me: Well, I do like singing and drawing.

Mr. Dell: Thank you, Zane. Now, you will sit next to.. Nang, can you raise your hand?

A girl with long brown hair cascaded her shoulder, dark brown eyes and a fair skin raised her hand. She sit right next to a window at the back of the class.

Me. Dell: You can sit next to her.

Me: Thank you, Mr. Dell.

I make my way to the sit next to her. I put down my black backpack with green straps next to the table before taking a seat. I offer my hand to my desk mate amiably.

Me: Zane, nice to meet you.

Nang: Nice to meet you too. You can call me Nang.

Me: Do you mind if we share your textbook for a while? I've ordered it online but it hasn't arrived yet.

Nang: Sure.

We got to know each other as we head to our next classes.

Me: So, you can speak more than one language?

Nang: Yeah. English and Hmong leeg. I can understand Hmong Daw too.

Me: What's the difference between Hmong leeg and Hmong Daw?

Nang: It's like a different dialect. We have like branches of tribe within Hmong people. It's like UK English and American English. Both are English but some words have different spelling and their accents are different. There are many more ways to speak the hmong language within each tribes.

Me: I see.

Our conversation was cut off by Mr. Woods starting the lesson. We focus on the board for a few minutes before writing the equations into our notebook and solving them. It didn't take long for me to do it, so I help Nang out when she seemed to struggle at the complicated questions. After an hour or so, the class is finally over.

Nang: Aah~... The questions were tough~! How are you not struggling at all?!

Me: I've been engrossed in Maths since I was a kid.

Nang: Huh... Can I have a piece of your brain? Maybe that way I can score Maths too!

I just laughed at her goofy antics.

Me: Do you wanna have lunch with me? My friends will be there too.

Nang: Sure, why not?

I followed her to her locker before we make our way to the cafeteria.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Peter pov~

We sat at the table as we wait for Zane.

Ned: So, Peter, how did you meet him?

Me: Well, I got a call to look after him for a while. And then things just happened and here we are.

MJ: you became a babysitter? Since when?

Me: I-

My words were cut off as Zane arrived at the table with another girl.

' I guess he is able to make friends with his classmates. Phew... I was lucky that he came at the right time.'

Zane: Hey guys! Sorry I'm late. By the way, this is Nang, my classmate. Nang, This is Peter, Ned and MJ.

Nang: Hello, nice to meet you.

Me: Nice to meet you too, Nang.

Zane: I hope you don't mind her joining us for lunch.

Ned: I don't mind at all.

MJ: Yeah, it's a public area, not some sort off private property.

We were chatting and getting to know each other. Suddenly...

Flash: Hey, Peter! Are you opening a kindergarten here or what?

He was making his way towards us.

Flash: You have kids with you now? What a whore!

MJ: Get lost, Flash! You're not welcome here.

Zane just look at him with a smirk just as he was next to him. In a flash, the bastard is on the floor. Everyone on the table, except Zane, froze from shock.

Zane: Wow.. even kids like us doesn't fall flat on our faces like that. How does it feel to embarrass yourself in front of a kindergartener?

Everyone: Ooooooh~

He got up with a furious face as he stare daggers at Zane. Zane doesn't seem to be affected by it though. He just smiled like nothing happened.

Flash: Don't act like you didn't trip me, brat!

Zane: You're blaming it on me? I'm impressed that you don't feel anything while acting like an idiot. But I don't think I should learn that skill if I want to live in peace.

Everyone was snickering like crazy. The whole cafeteria was buzzing like a bee's nest. Our group are trying hard not to laugh. I mean, Flash is getting roasted by a junior, who wouldn't laugh?

Flash's face went so red from all the anger and embarrassment that he felt. I could see him clenching his fists. Zane seemed to notice it too.

Zane: What? You want to punch a kid? You're a wimp now after being an idiot? I think it could save some of your reputation if you just kindly walk away and never mess with us 'kids' again, loser.

Zane put on the sweetest smile he have before Flash dash out of the cafeteria. We laugh like crazy when he's gone.

MJ: Wow.. I don't think I should mess with you if I wanna live.

Zane: Well, you're a friend, so I can cut some slack.

Ned: Phew.. That's a relief!

We continue laughing and chatted until lunch was over...

°~Thanks for reading~°