Chapter Twenty-Four

I don't want to disturb your reading, but just know that this chapter have a * trigger warning *. Bullying, basically. If you can't handle it, don't read. Your mental health matters. But if you still want to read it, then I hope you have a pleasant read!! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~Bucky pov~ 

( You thought wrong if you think I won't do one * Smirks*)

We arrived at the tower around 5 in the evening after the mission. As the helicopter arrive at the helipad on the tower, Nat is the first to get off followed by Y/n. Nat strides into the building like a badass. Well, she is one, I'll give her that.

Nat: Jarvis, where's Zane?

Jarvis: Training room, along with Master and Mr. Parker.

As she enter the elevator, she told Jarvis to bring her to them. As a reflex, we followed her into the lift.

When we enter the room they are in, Tony has just got into his fighting stance. He's facing off with... Zane?!! Why would he spar with that petite kid?!

I look at Peter's face but his expression doesn't show any worry. I look back at the ring just as Tony take his first move. But soon, all the worry I had was flushed away, all replaced with amusement. In a few minutes, Tony is down. All of us are quite shocked, especially Tony. He was in a daze.

We all clap and Zane got down from the ring and greet Nat. She complimented him and he pulled away from the hug. Then he walks away from her.. towards me?

He looked at me with a sweet smile. He raised his hands at me.

Zane: Piggyback!

I was stunned. All the kids have always been scared of me. I look into his eyes, searching for any hint of fear, but there was none. I hesitated, wondering of what I should do. I could hear Steve snickered next to me. I swear I wanna punch him in the guts.

Zane: I'm tired... Can I have a piggyback?

I froze before I finally bend over so he can get on my back. He hugged my neck and rested his head on my shoulder. I could hear people trying not to laugh from other people who look at us. I could hear Sam's voice the loudest. Steve pat Zane's back as he smiled at me.

Nat: Where do you learn to fight?

Everyone look at Zane. He thinks for a second before telling what had happened in the past.

Zane: Mom has always forbade me from going out because of what happened when I was 4. I went to the playground with mom on Sunday. She had to leave me for a second to use the toilet. I told her that I would be okay. While I was playing in the sandbox, a few older kids, approach me.

I could feel him clutching onto my shirt. I know something bad is about to happen.

Zane: They wanted to play with my toys. But.. their eyes doesn't look nice at all. So I refused to give them the trucks I had with me. They snapped and one of them punched me in the face and I fell. One of them snatch all the trucks. They made remarks, saying that I should've let them play with it.

He clutched harder. I could feel anger seeping through my heart. The others had flames in their eyes too.

Zane: T-Two of them started destroying all of the trucks in front of my eyes. Then the others.. started kicking me for a few minutes. They only stopped and ran away when m-mom came back.

He paused and hide his face for a few seconds. I could see flares in Tony's eyes and his fists are tightly clenched. Zane then looked up again before continuing.

Zane: We can't go to the hospital because it'll leave a track for the people who are chasing after my family. She brought me home and used her power to heal me even though it took a toll on her body. Since then, she would teach me self-defense every weekend. I would practice alone at home during weekdays. When I got a little older, I trained everyday to build some muscles and come up with my own moves. I sometimes got out to have a run around the roofs there. That's what happened. But it all turned out okay, so don't worry about it.

He smiled at all of us, a reassuring smile and it kinda helped all of us to calm down. Everything went silent for a minute before Nat broke it.

Nat: I see. So, that's what happened.

Zane: Yeah. I like running in the morning but I haven't been able to lately.

Steve: Why don't you join me and Sam, then? We run every morning.

Zane: Sure! I'd love to!

Steve: Okay, I'll wake you up tomorrow.

Zane: Okay!

Steve ruffled with Zane's hair, which causes some giggle to come out from him. The others had a relaxed face and some of them smile at Zane. Zane then lay his head on my shoulder, yawning.

Tony: Well, I guess we can let him skip dinner for tonight. He did fight against two superheroes. We should get some rest too. We never know when our presence is needed. Buck?

Me: Yeah?

Tony: Follow me. Peter, you can stay in the guest room tonight.

Peter: Thanks Mr. Stark.

I just nodded. He lead me to the lift. When I was walking through the hallway, I suddenly heard a faint
' Thank you ' from Zane. I can't help but smile a little.

' I guess even someone like me can get attached and have a soft spot for the small bean that just came into our life a few days back...'

While we were in the elevator, Tony suddenly talk to me.

Tony: You know.. I noticed that Zane wanted to help you earlier.

Me: What?

Tony turned his face towards me.

Tony: I know that you've been avoiding him these few days. And since he's like me, of course he'd notice.

°~Thanks for reading~°