Chapter Thirty-One

Heyyo! There is an action at the end of the chapter and please, do not imitate it. It's dangerous and I love you guys, so take care of yourself. Hope you enjoy your read! - Zane

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

~3rd person pov~

When the lunchtime was over, they have a few more classes until 2:45 p.m. Nang and Zane stayed together the entire day and they become friends. Little did they know, a pair of envious eyes have been observing them from afar.

Peter, Ned and MJ are all in the Academic Decathlon Team so they have practice every Monday. Nang is one of the student representative body members, so she'd be busy in the evening. Zane wanders around the school to look for a club that will pique his interest. Being an athlete doesn't feel right for him and he just wanted to lay low in school.

Just as he turn around the corner, he heard the noise of metals clanging from one of the room. His spirit friends insist on him going to the source of the sound, saying he would like it. It kinda intrigued him just as much, so why not?

He tread carefully until he was in front of the door which is labeled as ' Robotics Club '. He tried to peek through the window to see what's going on when suddenly, the door opened, revealing a man wearing a protective goggles, gloves and a black apron. He put up his goggles to look at the kid before him.

' What are you doing?' He asked.

' Uh.. well, I was just passing by when I heard some metals clanging. I just wanted to check it out.'

' Are you looking for a club to join?'

' How did you know?' Zane asked with a perplexed expression.

' There would be no student who's already in a club that wanders around in the school ground at this time of the day.'

' Makes sense.'

' Since you're already here, why don't you come in? It's been a long time since we have a new face around.'

' Eh, why not?'

Zane entered the messy lab; wires everywhere, motherboard on one side of the room and tools on the other, pieces of metals everywhere wether it's big or small. Working mechanicals are all over the place. Some just move while the others complete tasks. For Zane, it is like being in another realm. The place is still big despite being filled with trash, mostly. The man gestured at Zane to sit on one of the chairs available there.

' So, are you the kid that just transferred here?'

' Yeah. Are you.. all alone here?'

' Yup, even though there are still students who join the club because we don't really do anything, but I only allow those who are really into robotics to enter this lab. So, what's your name, kid?'

' Zane. Zane Ford. Nice to meet you.'

' Call me Skylar. I'm the one in charge of this lab.'

' What do you do in this club?'

' Just build stuff that works. As long as it works, you got your points.'

' I see.'

Zane look at one of the board of one of the robot near him. He noticed that the robot was moving awkwardly, so he picked it up. When he look at the board, the wires are a bit messed up.

' Sir Skylar?'

' Yes?'

' You should have a look at this guy's wiring.'

He took the robot from Zane's hand and check its wiring.

' Huh, you're right. No wonder he's been moving weirdly... Do you, maybe, wanna join this club?'

' Sure. I'll let my guardian know about this. I don't want to make them worry if I come back late.'

' Okay. By the way, just come into the lab in the future. I don't like people sneaking around outside the lab.'

He snickered. Zane just smiled at the guy in front of him.

' Well, I don't have to do that in the future. Just make sure you don't get all jumpy if I suddenly appear out of thin air.'

' Oh, I dare you to do that.'

Zane chatted with Mr. Skylar until the bell dismissing the students rang. He politely say goodbye to his club advisor and went out to the school entrance, just in time as Happy arrived.

' How was your first day, Zane?' He asked as Zane got in.

' I made friends and I joined the robotics club. The advisor is cool too. I had fun!'

' That's good to know.' He smiled.

Zane talked with Happy along the journey. When the car was on the bridge, they saw a van following them from behind. It was moving quite fast. There was also a truck next to them, considering their speed, the two vehicles are already over the speed limit. Happy was concerned about it and in a split second, the truck swerve towards their car.

' Sorry, Happy. This is the only way out of here.'

Zane turned the wheels, making the car go over the deck of the bridge.

' Trust me, we'll make it out alive.'

The truck lose control and crashes on the bridge, hitting a few vehicles around it. Their car fall for around 40 feet in the air before hitting the water and disappear into the underwater. A few ripples were formed and nothing came out...

°~Thanks for reading~°