10. Resolution

Liam

"Careful, sweetheart," I held Bea's hand in a firm grip, lifting her feet off the ground a little, when she'd tripped over.

"I'm careful," she grinned, as if she hadn't just misplaced her footing.

I smiled at her antics and continues to hold her hand, as she continued to skip along the pathway.

Dropping Bea to school was one of my favourite things to do. That, and also picking her up. Before school, Bea liked to tell me all the things she was excited for and after, she'd tell me all that she did.

The excitement and the happiness in her voice, that alone would brighten my day. I just wanted the smile to forever remain on her face.

We towards the school together and upon reached the gate, Bea looked up at me expectantly.

I crouched down in front of her and smiled.

"Alright, sweetheart. Have an amazing day at school, learn lots of things, be good and be safe," I told her.

She gave me a toothy smile in return and nodded vigorously. "I will. I'll miss you."

I hugged her tightly, before kissing the top of her head. "I'll miss you, too."

Giving Bea her backpack, I stood up and she gave me a little salute and I did the same. I really wasn't too sure where she'd picked that up from, possibly from my Dad, but it was just something that we did now.

As soon as one the teachers began to call the students inside, Bea glanced at me an smiled, before running off inside.

She always seemed so excited to go to school, I didn't really understand that. I was never that kid, but I guess it's a good thing Bea is, she didn't complained or fussed about it.

I waited until I saw Bea walk - or run - inside and then began to make my way to the office.

Thankfully, it wasn't that long of a walk and I could go through the park.

With my backpack slung onto one shoulder, I began my walk, there weren't too many people in the park today, apart from the regular people who came to walk their dogs and to exercise.

I walked along the pathway, until I heard a familiar voice.

"Daisy. Drop the leaf."

I looked around, until my eyes landed on Rena. She was stood on the grass, with a dog, appearing to have a conversation with it.

Unable to help myself, I walked closer to her.

"No, don't make me say the words," she pointed at the dog, with the other hand on her hip, still holding the leash to the dog's harness.

I was stood right behind her, quite curious as to where this conversation was going.

"Okay, I'm saying it. Bad dog," she said, her voice quite stern.

When the dog whined, bowing its' head slightly and tapping its' paws on the ground. Her brown and black fur looked newly brushed, nose shining a little.

It was quite an adorable dog. It looked like a German Shepard.

"Don't look at me like that," Rena said. I could hear her tone soften slightly, before she threw her head back and let out a deep sigh, crouching down to the dog.

"Okay, I'm sorry," she stroked its head and it nuzzled itself into her hand. "Drop the leaf?" This time she asked and then it drop a leaf from its' mouth.