3. Happy

5 years later...Present time...

Serena

"Seriously, Sara? You cannot be this emotional about me finally moving out," I told her, as she sat on my new sofa, with a pout.

She looked like a little child and it made me feel very guilty right now, which I am not comfortable with, especially since I had done the right thing.

I had finally moved out of my apartment with Sara.

This was something that I really should've done a long time ago, but now it was actually happening.

I was really sad about it, but clearly not on the same level as Sara.

"But, S...we've lived together for so long. It's like the end of an era!" She exclaimed and even after all these years, my best friend was still so dramatic.

You would think she would've grown up a little, especially now working at a law firm, but no, here she was sulking that we wouldn't be living together anymore.

I threw a cushion at her from the box in front of me, since she was already sat on the sofa.

"We lived together for way too long," I told her. "I was still there when Danny moved in and trust me, that was uncomfortable," I added.

At first it was only Sara and I, but since Danny and her were in a relationship, he was around whenever he could be, despite not officially living there.

It didn't really make much of a difference when he actually moved in, only more of his stuff came into the apartment, but then I always felt like I was intruding on their couple time.

They never made me feel like a third-wheel, but I was like a sister to Danny and it was probably weird for him, like it was for me.

"But, Serena..." Sara pouted once more and I could see her lips quiver.

"Oh, God. Sara. Are you crying?" I asked.

She didn't respond verbally, instead looking down and shaking her head, even though I could clearly hear her sniffle.

"Okay, I'm going to take that sniffling as a yes," I replied.

Sara looked up at me and her eyes were in fact brimming with tears. "Why aren't you crying? Aren't you sad?" She asked.

I felt bad for nearly laughing, but she was being so dramatic in this moment, it was really hard to not even smile at her.

"This wasn't a compulsive, spontaneous thing, Sara. It was practically overdue that I move out," I told her.

"It's still sad," she replied, in the softest voice.

My fiery Latina was like a little kitten right now.

I let out a deep sigh and walked towards her, taking a seat beside her on the sofa.

"I love you, Sara, but it's time," I said. "Besides, it's not like you're not going to see me anymore. I'm literally coming over to yours tonight to celebrate," I reminded her.

I knew that after getting everything moved in, cooking was going to be the last thing on my mind, so Sara and Danny suggested to come to theirs to celebrate.

"But-" she tried to cut in and I knew it was going to be something sad and negative, so I didn't let her continue.

"You're married, Sara. It's weird for me to stay with you and Danny," I laughed.

Danny had proposed on Sara's twenty-fifth birthday, since it was the silver jubilee of her life. He even bought her a silver band, with a beautiful diamond in the centre and little ones around it.