first steps

~ billies pov ~
chapter includes: cute short imagine

"angel, c'mere. come to mama." i coo, trying to get lila to walk from denzel over to me.

i'm backstage at my show right now, so i figured that since i have a while before they even start letting people in, i could teach lila how to walk.

she's been able to stand on her own sometimes, looking like she's trying to walk, but she falls before she even takes her first step.

"c'mon, i know you can do it." she smiles and laughs, and denzel let's go of her hands so she can walk.

she tries to balance herself on her own, but is unsuccessful as she falls on her butt, crawling over to me instead.

i kiss her cheeks before giving her back to denzel to hold.

he stands her up, and we try again.

"use your feet this time, angel. come to mommy." i gasp and smile, trying to make her laugh and want to walk over to me.

"you can do it, i'll give you a cookie if you walk to mommy." i bribe her.

"are you really bribing her with a cookie to get her to walk?" denzel shakes his head, knowing she can't even eat a cookie at this age.

"oh shut up, i need to bribe her somehow."

i reach my hands out, as denzel let's go of her.

she stands there for a second, balancing herself again.

"that's it, honey. c'mon!" i exclaim. she starts smiling, which soon turns into a giggle as she takes a small step forward.

"c'mere, angel face." i coo, reaching my arms out for her to walk into.

she starts taking more steps, stomping her feet faster as she starts to lose her balance and falls into my lap.

everyone in the room cheers for her, and i pick her up, kissing all over her face.

"you did it, baby! you walked!" she squeals when i pinch her cheek.

"go walk back over to denzel." i stand her up and he claps his hands to get her attention.

he sticks his tongue out at her and she smiles, starting to walk wobbly back over to him.

i walk over and pick her up, kissing her chubby cheek.

"my chunky baby, look at you growing up." i wipe the slobber off her mouth with her shirt.

she's already growing up, i wish she could stay this little forever.