not like i do

~ y/n's pov ~
chapter includes: imagine

i hear my bedroom door open. thinking it was my mom, i groan. "mom please kno-
"y/n..." i turn to look and it's actually my best friend, billie.

she looks sad, like she just got done crying.

"billie? how's you get in the house?" i ask. "your mom let me in, can i talk to you?" she asks quietly, fiddling with her fingers.

"uh, yeah sure." i pat the area beside me and she takes her shoes off, sitting next to me.

"what's up?" i put my phone down.

"it's about latrell. drew says she's noticed how he really is, and i don't understand what she's talking about. latrell loves me." she explains.

oh boy...

"like...what do you mean?" i question. "she says he's emotionally abusive, and manipulative and controlling." she replies.

"billie, i'm gonna have to agree with drew on this one." she huffs and a tear slips from her eye.

"but he says he loves me, i don't even think he's that controlling." she wipes her cheeks.

"did you have to ask latrell to come to my house?" she slowly nods.

"does he yell at you a lot?" she sniffs and nods.

"what does he yell at you for?" she brings her knees up to her chest before answering.

"if i don't listen to him. or he makes fun of me, or if he thinks i'm disrespecting him." she says slowly, most likely slowly realizing how much of an ass he really is.

"don't answer this if it's too personal, but when did you guys last argue and what was it about?" i ask carefully.

"well, it was yesterday night. we were going on a drive and he said he wanted head. i didn't wanna do it and he said i was worthless and stupid, and he doesn't know why he stays with me." she starts.

"and so i said fuck you, and he started yelling at me. he says he does so much for me and i can't even do a simple favor.....but after that he said sorry." she continues.

"did you do it?" she hesitates before nodding. "so he said sorry after you did it?" she nods in reply.

"billie, i know you don't believe it, and i understand that, but he's a piece of shit. that's emotionally abusive, and controlling." i say.

"i've seen a change in you ever since you guys started dating. if latrell doesn't wanna do something, you don't either. if latrell doesn't want you to talk to someone, you'll stop talking to them." i explain.

"what does this mean then?" her voice wavers. "you have to break up with him."

"but i love him." she starts crying.

i pull her into a hug, as she cries into my neck. "i know you do, but he's so bad for you. you probably don't realize it now, but you'll look back on this and see that he's such a bad person." i explain.

"i let him take my virginity because i thought he loved me." she grumbles quietly, almost like she was saying it to herself.

"if i have to, i don't wanna do it by myself. he wouldn't let me leave." she sniffles. "i'll be with you, but you're staying the night at my house, you're not going back there right now." i say.