hungover pt.3

~ y/n's pov ~
chapter includes: christmas edition!

billie and i have had a serious relationship for about 3 years now. i couldn't be more in love with someone.

i think we're still in the honeymoon phase, though it's been a while. we've moved in with each other, we chose billies house over my small apartment. there's never a waking moment we're not with each other.

it's christmas eve, so we're sitting in her living room wrapping presents. i'm spending christmas with her family, which will be the first time that we actually meet for christmas.

our first christmas together we spent it alone, last year we went to my families house, and this year we chose hers.

once i'm done wrapping my fourth gift, billie hands me a baby walker.

"who's is this?" i chuckle, measuring the wrapping paper. "violet's. claudia said she's starting to try and walk now." she smiles.

i take a sip from the large wine bottle that i'm drinking, offering billie some but she declines.

i think i'm just a little tipsy, but not enough to be slurring words. we've been up for a long time and we have to me up even earlier tomorrow to make food. but when billies gets sleepy, she gets clingy.

as i'm wrapping my last present she starts leaning on me more, nuzzling her head in my neck.

"you ready for bed? we have a big day tomorrow." she yawns, pushing the wrapped present away and climbing into my lap.

"yeah, i've gotta take a piss." i manage to stand up with her in my lap and carry her all the way to the bedroom.

i lay her down and go to the bathroom
before coming back to see her undressing sleepily.

"come." she says, pulling me and pushing me into bed, climbing on top of me. we like to sleep like this sometimes. it's an alright position to sleep in for a little, then sometime during the night i have to push her off so she doesn't kill me.

i see the advent calendar on the nightstand, and realize she didn't open hers for today. i made her one, will a bunch of special gifts i thought she'd like.

the 25th one is actually something really special, that i hope and pray she likes.

a ring. it's been long enough. i wanted to marry her the day we went on our first date, but obviously that's unrealistic.

"goodnight." she snaps me out of my thoughts.
"night, i love you."
"i love you back."

time skip

"fuck y/n, where did you put the cherry pie?" billie yells from the kitchen, rushing around trying to put the homemade mac and cheese in a tin pan so it can bake a little before we leave.

she's sort of stressed because the first batch of sauce burned and so she had to make another batch last minute. we're not running late just yet, but we're on the brink of it.

"it's in the car, baby. relax, you're okay." i rub her hips from behind her, feeling her relax and melt back into me.

she turns around and we hold each other for a little while as the mac and cheese bakes.