make you mine

~ y/n's pov ~
omg y'all i think i might be back in my writing era but let's not jinx anything

i walk into the gym locker room, getting ready to change into my track uniform. i don't even have track practice until next period, but it's free period and running just makes me feel better. why not get a little head start?

as i change, i hear the door open. i turn my head once my shirt is over my head, seeing one of, if not the most, beautiful girl at my school.

billie.

it looks like she's just came from playing basketball. she's all sweaty, wearing her jersey. she's so hot, but i'll never let her know that.

she has a thing for me, and even though the feeling is mutual, i think it's cute how she flirts with me. we're not very close, but we've shared a handful of conversations.

i watch as she lifts her jersey to wipe the sweat from her forehead, showcasing her toned abs, making me blush.

she turns to look at me as she walks in my direction, and i quickly bring my attention back to my duffel bag.

"hey, cutie." she smirks, making her way to her locker that was just so conveniently next to mine.

"hi, billie." i smile back, packing my things up. "what's the rush, baby? i just got here." she jokes, grabbing her water.

"i would like to get to the track as quick as possible, y'know my free period just started and i wouldn't wanna waste it." i say as i close my locker.

"well my free period just ended so why don't i come run with you?" she invites herself, jogging a little to catch up to me as i walk out of the locker room.

"you...are gonna run track?" i ask in more of a confused way than a question. billie is very fit, but running is not one of her strong points, i've seen her run the mile.

"yeah...i'm sure i'll be fine. i hate math anyways" she shrugs, referring to the period she should be in right now, watching me do some stretches. "okayyy." i say as i pop one of my airpods in.

as we start running, i get an idea just to fuck with her a little. "if you make it back to my duffel bag first, you can take me on a date." i pant out as i start to pick up my pace and start fulling running.

it takes her a second to realize what i just said, but as soon as she did, she starts running as fast as she can.

i bust out laughing, obviously reaching my bag before she could, even though internally i wanted her to beat me.

once she makes it to my bag, she dramatically drops to the ground and lays on the paved track, practically wheezing.

"that...was so...not...fair." she huffs, and i giggle, tossing her, her water. "you're so dramatic."

"i'm gonna start running more so next time i'll beat you so hard." she shakes her head, hearing the bell ring, meaning my free period is now over.

"i think it's time for you to go, eilish." i say, watching her eyes flick from mine to my lips.

she sighs, excepting her fate, and i walk her to the door of the building. "i'll see you later, okay?" she murmurs, and i hum in response.