tear me down

~ billies pov ~
chapter includes: sad imagine :(

i stand in the kitchen, cutting up some fruit, biting the inside of my cheek to keep from crying.

y/n completely humiliated me in front of her friends today, like an asshole. she wanted to have a game night with her friends, and i knew none of them.

i was just trying to have a good time, but i was always cut off when trying to join the conversation.

and not only that, but her friend said something mean about me, and she agreed.

"what's wrong with you?" y/n asks as she passes me, walking to the fridge. "nothing, i'm fine."

"bullshit, you're biting your cheek. tell me why you're pissed off." she interrogates me.

"maybe i'm pissed off because you and your friends are complete assholes. i didn't know any of those people!" i turn around to face her.

"then why didn't you like..introduce yourself or something! that's not my fault! jesus christ, nothing is ever right with you! i had a good time at least."

"well it's hard to have a good time when i'm being talked over the entire night and being called ugly!" i exclaim.

"literally no one called you ugly-
"you did! eric told me to not wear too much makeup because i'm prettier under all of it, and you reply 'nO tHaT's AlL tHe MaKeUp.' like what the fuck?!" i yell.

"not only did you call me ugly, but jason, the ONLY person i knew there, agreed with you! what am i supposed to say to that?" i exclaim.

"no one called you ugly! i literally don't remember that happening!" she yells back. "oh i sure fucking do!"

"okay, whatever you wanna think. you always try to make yourself the victim in everything!"

"no i don't! fuck you! maybe if you were a little nicer i wouldn't FEEL like the fucking victim all the time!"

my voice wavers, and i turn my back to hide my tears. i try to finish cutting my fruit, but i choke. i hide my face in my hands as i lean on the counter, sobbing.

"oh my god." i hear y/n laugh in disbelief. "you're an actual pussy if something as little as that made you cry like that."

"i'm sorry." my voice cracks. i put my fruit in a bowl and swiftly walk into the bedroom, locking the door.

shortly after, i hear a knock on the door. "billie, open the door." y/n says.

i huff, unlocking the door.

"if you're coming in here to call me ugly again i don't wanna hear it." i lay on the bed, turning on the tv.

"c'mere." i just stare at her, not moving.

she rolls her eyes and lays down next to me, pulling me to her chest.

"i'm sorry, billie. i don't remember calling you ugly but if i did then i'm sorry."

"do you actually think i'm ugly?"

she doesn't answer, instead she changes the topic.