welcome pt.2

~ y/n's pov ~
chapter includes: not necessarily a part 2 to welcome but a different version that i thought of just now

unedited bc it's 4am as i'm reading this over and i'm tired as shitttt

well, billies water broke today.

she'd said she was leaking what she thought to have been her amniotic fluid all afternoon, then her water broke right before we were about to go to bed.

it's currently 3:45am, and i'm massaging her shoulders, trying to help as much as i could to help her through one of her contractions.

she hums as she rocks back and forth. her hum sounds like a deep groan, but not necessarily a groan if that makes sense.

"deep breaths, baby. i got you." i reassure. billie insisted on having an all natural birth, so i can only imagine how bad her contractions must feel.

she wanted to have a home birth like she did with eden, but she had been having complication all throughout the pregnancy so the doctors wanted her to have a hospital birth to make sure her and the baby were safe and okay.

"i don't remember my contractions being this bad with eden. i'm so fucking tired, man." she sighs, and i'm assuming that the contraction is done.

"tired and hungry." she corrects herself.

"well you only have 2 more centimeters to dilate before she can come out, baby." i say as she lays down.

almost like they heard me, the doctor and midwife come in to check on billie.

one starts a conversation with her, and the other goes over to the computer to check on billies and the baby's heart rate and shit like that.

a couple contractions later, and few more minutes of conversing with the doctor, billie makes a weird face.

"is she...coming out?" billie sits up on her elbows a little.

"umm, i don't think so. you should only be about 8cm dilated." the nurse says from the computer.

"no, i think she's coming out." billie says a little more matter of factly.

the nurse goes to check and sure enough, billie is 10cm dilated and the nurse can feel the head pushing through the cervix.

"you dilated pretty quickly. john, it's time for her to start pushing." the nurse calls for the ob/gyn.

they get billie in position and soon she starts pushing.

i hold billies hand and let her squeeze it when she needs to, not caring too much about the fact that her nails are digging into my skin.

i'm sure whatever pain she's feeling is ten times worse than a couple scratch marks.

i kiss her forehead, whispering to her how great she's doing.

she lets out a yelp and a few expletives.

"you're doing so well, sweetheart. her heads out." the nurse says, rubbing her knee.