t.g.i.f

~omniscient pov~
girllllll i haven't done shit for a while but i just had an idea out of nowhere. i'm sorry for my lack of uploading, i've just lost all inspiration
g!p billie, kinda sad, some smut

y/n hears the front door open and close, so she stops stirring her pot of pasta to see her beautiful wife.

"hi, baby." she smiles, watching billie slip her jacket off. "hey, y/n/n." she replies back with an exhausted smile, as they lean in for a quick kiss.

for the past couple of months, this is the most they'll say to each other in a day. they don't talk how they used to. ever since billie has taken this new job. she's been working hard to become a professor, and now that she is one, it doesn't seem like too much of a dream anymore.

y/n has noticed it, and it upsets her. she sees the toll this new job is taking on her wife. their long talks during dinner have developed into watching billie pick at her food, both of them trying to spark up a conversation with whatever they can think of.

"it smells good, whatcha making?" she sighs, both of them making their way to the kitchen.

"your favorite. i had all the ingredients. i'm almost done too." y/n shrugs, adding in the cooked tofu to finish off her dinner.

she plates their food and in no time, they're eating. y/n wouldn't consider it uncomfortable silence, but she also wouldn't consider it comfortable silence.

she watches as billie opens up her bill mail, letting out a silent sigh. she tries to think of anything she could to strike up some small talk.

she hated small talk, but that over silence is better.

"how was work today?" she asks, chewing on her rigatoni. "y'know, same stuff. i get a raise at the end of the month which is good. it's getting a little less stressful now that i'm about to be on break for the holidays. you?"

"i'm glad to hear that. same as you, same shit at work." y/n replies, smiling a little. she's truly happy for billie, seeing her achieve something she's been working towards since they started dating.

the only downside, is she feels like the pressure of it is taking a small toll on their marriage.

she'd always just hope that once billie got used to this new job, things would change. and she thinks that might just be coming true.

"do you wanna watch a movie after we clean up dinner? we haven't done that in a while." she asks as she stands up to clear her plate.

"yeah, that actually sounds nice." billie responds, taking one last big bite before putting her plate in the sink.

"i'm gonna go shower first, we can figure out the movie after." she finishes as she starts unbuttoning her shirt, jogging up the stairs.

she looks through the cabinets to see if they have any snacks before she starts doing the dishes.

even though tonights dinner didn't take too many dishes, yesterdays did, and she didn't end up doing the dishes last night because she was way too tired.

that's something else that has changed now that billie has this new job. they both used to have turns doing the house work, but now if y/n doesn't do it, it just won't get done.