C . THIRTY-SEVEN

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝗣𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗠𝗮𝗳𝗶𝗮

𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗖𝗛𝗜'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩

That night, I went to Naoto's place and told him that Mori's alive and Neviah has a daughter which made him bewildered.

It was the reaction I was looking for him since everyone knows that Mori FUKURIZAWA is already dead. However, seeing him a while ago made me think that if Mori's alive then why did Naoto conclude that he's dead?

"Even if we know that Kisaki's behind everything, we can't punish him since he is already dead." Naoto said while looking at his laptop.

I sighed. 'I'm aware if that and a part of me feels unsatisfied.'

Kisaki deserves more than just death.

"Anything else that Mori-san had told you?" Naoto asked as he turns his office chair to face me.

"Nothing else. I was planning to call him to ask him about it since Mori-san is knowledgeable about this incident." However, I forgot to ask him his number.

Naoto briefly ponders for a while. "But my gut tells me that Mori's name is familiar to me. Hmmm."

"Have you seen him before?" I asked and he nods his head.

"I had seen his face in Neviah's and Baji's wedding day. Although, my memory of that day was a bit blurry."

I was about to say something when I felt my phone vibrate inside my jeans pockets.

I took it and my eyes squint at the unknown number flashed in my screen.

"Who is it?" Naoto asked but I only shake my head.

I tap the message notification and read the message left by someone anonymous.

{Meet me at the same spot where you met Clara. I'll be waiting for you there and don't be late.}

My eyes widen when I realized that Mori just sent the message.

"Who is it, Takemichi?"

"I-It's Mori-san! He texted me!" I stuttered and I felt relieved.

I told Naoto that I'll be heading home since I'll be meeting with Mori and hopefully, I'll meet Clara as well.

As I step down the last step of the stairs, it made me wonder, "How come Mori-san knew my number?"

As far as I can remember, I haven't given him my contact number.

I was waiting at the park for Mori and I've been checking my phone from time to time

It's already 5 in the afternoon and the sun is almost setting.