C . FORTY-NINE

𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗜𝗘'𝗦 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲:

"Tʜᴇ Fɪɴᴀʟᴇ" ʜᴀs ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛs.

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 49 ɪs ᴛʜᴇ BEGINNING ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ,

ᴀɴᴅ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 50 ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Eɴᴅɪɴɢ.

Hᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs sᴇɴsᴇ._.

Aɴʏᴡᴀʏ, ʟᴇᴛ's ɢᴇᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ~

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗲

𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗙𝗨𝗬𝗨'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩

How should I feel about this?

I just lost my sister-figure and my best friend in one day.  I just lost the two peoplw that I admire and love the most.

How can I accept that?

Neviah and Takemichi are now gone. They're dead.

None of us can accept that.

We won our battle against Tenjiku since they announce their defeat that night. We gain victory, but how can we celebrate when Neviah and Takemichi aren't here?

Our victory is meaningless.

"Chifuyu, you're here."

I turned around to see Mikey. He looks worn out and I can see the pain in his eyes. They looked duller and lifeless like he's about to lose his sanity.

"Hey, Mikey-kun.", I responded as he stands beside me.

We stared at the tomb in front of us. Takemichi's name was written on the concrete surface. Neviah was buried at her parents' grave.

"What brings you here?", I asked while stuffing my cold hands inside my pockets.

"Came to visit Neviah and Takemichi, again. Can't stop myself from visiting these two.", Mikey chuckles before offering incense and prayers.

I watched Mikey as my mind wanders to reminisce the past.

It's been a week since they left us, but everything is still fresh in my mind.

I can remember the first time I met Takemichi. I can remember how determined he was to save Baji and Neviah.

I can remember the time we spent in Neviah's house. We play, watch, and talked about our personal lives. We had fun playing around and telling each other stories. It was fun teasing Takemichi too.