C . NINE

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆: 𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒗𝒆

'What do you think will happen...

If Takemichi wasn't there?'

~Neviah Fukurizawa

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"I had found Neviah's brother."

Mori clenched his jaw. He's been looking for Neviah's missing brother for 3 years. It's been his plan to adopt both of them, however, the incident had seperate them from each other.

It's a pity.

Neviah can't even remember her own brother.

Mori did meet Neviah's brother once, but he doubts if the young lad remembers him.

"Where is he?" Mori asked and Dazai had already swung the door open.

"Oh he's out there. Chuuya's keeping an eye on him. I'll give you the information you need once we've completed the search." Dazai nonchalantly answered, his grip is still on the knob.

"Having a hard time locating him, I see?" Mori mocked and Dazai lets out a huff.

Searching for a boy that disappeared without a trace is one of Dazai's pet peeve. The only thing they know about him was his name. But no matter where they look for him, they can't find him. As if he never existed.

"He's a rat lurking along the sewers. We'll find him, no matter what." Dazai promised as he walks out of the house.

"Better send me the data and don't lose your eye on him." Mori reminded before the male could enter his car.

"Sure, boss~ I'm taking my leave. Tell Nevi that I'll visit her next week again, I'll bring Chuuya along~" Dazai sing-songs and Mori shakes his head.

"Ah~ A mini reunion should be fun." He turns around and walks upstairs.

The door shuts close and Mori went to check on Neviah and Baji.

Mori notices the door slightly open and he can hear their murmurs.

"But Neesan, when will you return?" Chifuyu spoke as Mori walks closer toward the door.

"I'm n-not yet sure. Maybe w-when I'm fully recovered. Father w-wouldn't let me out for a month." Neviah softly spoke and Mori peeks through the slightly opened door.

He can see Baji face planted on the bed beside Neviah. Chifuyu's sitting on Neviah's chair while scanning through the girl's cabinet filled with shoujo manga.

It's been two weeks and there's a slight improvement with Neviah. She's been able to talk recently, although she would stutter with a few words.

"The gang is looking for you. Mitsuya's asking me about your well-being. Hakkai's the same, though he's been on the edge lately. The fucker keeps looking for fights; Mitsuya's having a hard time tho." Baji narrated the events happened a few days ago.

It was a total chaos without Neviah supervising the gang. The conflict between Mikey and Draken doesn't help at all.

"How is the gang?" Neviah asked while looking outside her window.

Baji and Chifuyu flinched. They haven't told her about the conflict and Pachin. They've decided a while ago not to mention that to Neviah, but it seems the girl really wanted to know the truth. But can they lie?