C . FORTY-THREE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝗚𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗗 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗢𝗡'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩

Everything moved so quickly and Takemichi had no time to react.

He tried to process what happened just seconds ago. He swore that there was a motorbike rushing towards HIM AND EMMA, but it just went past them. The next thing he heard was a loud crash coming from his left.

He turns to the side, and his eyes couldn't comprehend the sight.

"N-Neviah?"

Her body was lying on the ground, and blood rushed out from her head, making her hair and top cloth soak in red liquid.

Takemichi's blood runs cold when he realized that NEVIAH was Kisaki's target.

"N-No... SENPAI!", Takemichi immediately rushes to Neviah's side. He lifts her upper body and lets it lean on his body.

"Senpai! No! Please! Open your eyes!", Takemichi pleads as he tries to stop the blood from gushing out of her head.

'This can't be true. Please. Please!'

"W-What happened to n-neesan, T-Takemitchy?" Emma asked as she trembles in front of them.

Eyes wide open, a hand clasps over her lips as Emma stares at the unconscious girl. She watches Takemichi trying to revive the girl but to no avail.

This time Takemichi's tearing and droplets of water continue to fall out of his eyes.

"Emma, call an ambulance! Or call Mikey! Quick! We can still save, Neviah!", Takemichi stuttered, and this made Emma snap out of her thoughts.

She quickly took her phone out, and with a trembling hand, she dials the paramedic.

After a few rings, they answered and Emma told them the situation.

"Takemichi? Emma?", someone called and Takemichi turns around to see Mikey and Inui.

Seeing Mikey gives Takemichi a flashback, and he remembers the outcome in the future if Neviah died. Images of a young girl came to Takemichi's mind, and he couldn't stop himself from crying.

Mikey stops in his tracks after seeing the girl he once loves leaning on Takemichi's body. He can see the streaks of blood on her hair and even from her clothes.

At that moment, Mikey's heart drops the second he realized that Neviah's hurt again. He tried to compose himself, in front of Takemichi and his sister, he needs to keep calm. 'She's still alive...'

"M-Mikey, I'm sorry. There was a bike and they hit N-Neviah with a metal b-bat!", Takemichi cried at Mikey.

Mikey walks towards the two, and crouches in front of them, his back facing them. Takemichi stares confusingly at Mikey.