C . FORTY-SIX

𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 (𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 @𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧_𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥)

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗: 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗔𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗹𝘆

BAJI'S POV

I went back home to change my clothes into Toman's uniform. It's been a while since I wear this and the only person I remember while wearing this was Neviah.

She keeps popping in my head and I remember the uniform gave her 3 years ago. Even my Mom's nagging was blocked since my attention was on MY GIRL.

"... Keisuke Baji! You just got out of the juvie and you're already going out to fight!"

I faced my Mom with and placed a hand on top of her shoulders. "Mom, I know you're worried about me but I can't just stay here and let TOMAN disbanded."

"Even so! You shouldn't go and you told me a while ago that you're going to visit Neviah!"

I almost forgot.

I haven't said anything to my Mom. 'She doesn't know that Neviah's dead....'

I just entered the house without saying anything to her. She didn't see my face since she was in the kitchen and cooking dinner. When I got out of my room, I'm already in my TOMAN uniform and that's when Mom started scolding me.

"Mom, Neviah's gone."

My mother's eyes widen in shock. She draws her hands to cover her lips, and her eyes became glossy.

"Keisuke, I-"

I turn to face her and place a hand on top of her shoulders. "I'm sorry. I wasn't able to protect her."

The sadness in her eyes didn't leave as I let go of my hold on her shoulders.

"What happened?", she choked as her body trembles.

"She was killed. I didn't expect this to happen. I shouldn't be fighting while mourning for the dead, but Neviah told me to protect Toman. We vowed to protect one another, and even if she's gone, I'm still going to continue our promise."

With one final squeeze, I turn my back from her and went straight to the door. I grab the knob, but I felt a thug from my sleeves.

"Keisuke, where is s-she?", she asked and her voice trembling.

I remember that Mom and Neviah have a close relationship. Mom treated Neviah like her own child, and I'm not jealous of the affection that Neviah gets from my Mom, instead, I feel relieved that they get along so well. Neviah's been visiting my Mom every day, just to check her well-being. Neviah took care of my Mom while I was imprisoned.