Chapter 38

Narrators pov

Sitting in the dining room, Abhinav and Pooja were having their breakfast. He glanced over her figure frequently but never once she raised her face.

She was doing this from morning from the time they woke up hugging each other. He tried to start a conversation with her multiple times but she avoided him. At first, he thought she is behaving like this because she was scared or uncomfortable with him. However, her cheeks which became red whenever he talked or touched her proved his assumption wrong.

He wondered what will be her behaviour if he tried to do something more than a simple kiss.

Gleaming while thinking about the antics of his shy butterfly, he again eyed her only to notice the chocolate syrup fell on her lips and chin. Different to the gentleman behaviour he always shows in front of her, he raised his hand and wiped her lips with his fingers.

Her eyes widened and she blushed hardly again. Smirking at her adorable face, he licked his finger coated with chocolate.
Breaking their tiny romantic session, Bindu entered the dining room.

"When you are going to your home?". He asked Bindu in his usual intimidating tone averting his gaze from Pooja.

"G. Going...?". Pooja asked in confusion.

"Yes, baby. Bindu is going to her home for two weeks. Her daughter came back from the hostel for vacation". He answered.

"Sir, I was planning to leave by today afternoon". Bindu replied.

"Okay... I think your salary is already paid. If you want more or any help you can contact Aryan. He will transfer it from the company account". He informed.
He never bothered to enquire about any other workers like this. But Bindu, Aryan and Ram were more important for him, even if he didn't show it.

"Thank you, sir". Bindu said in response and left from there.

Abhinav finished his breakfast and went to wash his hands. When he came back he saw Pooja sitting there with grim expressions.

He understood that she is unhappy because of Bindu's holiday. Pooja was attached to her as she was her only companion here. He came near and sat in the chair next to her. He gently gripped her chin and raised her face.

"Don't be sad butterfly. She is only going for two weeks and after that, you can meet her again. You can spend time with her today also". He said softly to reassure her and she nodded listening to him.

"I will try to come fast after finishing my works butterfly. We have some important stuff to discuss. Till then take care of yourself and don't hurt yourself by running here and there". He said pecking her forehead softly.

He left from there with a smile, when her cheeks became warm once again and she nodded.
.
.
.
.

Inside the cosy living room of her home, Lakshmi was in deep thoughts about her younger daughter.

Raising two children without the support of a father was not a simple task for her. She was pregnant with Pooja when her husband died in an accident. From that day she had faced a lot of struggles to raise Prerna and Pooja.

No one from their so-called family came to help her in hard times. She battled alone with this whole world for her daughters. In between, she had glimpsed a lot of people and their intentions.
That's why even if Abhinav tried to mask his emotions in front of them, she saw his love for Pooja. His eyes betrayed his very own emotionless face, by depicting his care and love for her every time he glanced at her.

Whatever suspicions prevailed in her mind for him instantly wiped out when she saw him coming between Pooja and the bullet. That's how much he loved her... Maybe more than his life. Moreover, she was not blind to not see the warmth, her daughter held for him. She is convinced that Abhinav will be the best life partner for Pooja.