Chapter 54

Narrator's pov

"Stop the car and step out". Abhinav ordered the driver who was driving them to Pooja's college.

The next instant his order complied and the driver stepped out halting the car. Abhinav looked at Pooja who was staring in his direction with a confused expression. He gently hoisted her from her seat and placed her on his lap.

"What you want to talk to me, butterfly?". He questioned her causing those mesmerising chocolaty eyes to widen.
"I can read you like an open book. What is bothering you? You do know that you can say anything to me, Right butterfly?". Abhinav asked and Pooja nodded her head slightly.

"Then say me what happened now. what is going on in this cute head of yours? I am noticing this since yesterday. You are struggling hard to say something to me but you couldn't. I want to know what is it". He urged.

"y.you have a meeting within an hour". Pooja stuttered and Abhinav heaved out a sigh hearing her weak voice.

"Butterfly... No meeting is important to me when it comes to you. You are the most important person to me in this whole world. Everything comes after you.
I have already informed Aryan to postpone the meeting and if the meeting is that important then Aryan and Ram will handle everything. I don't care about anything else". Abhinav explained and Pooja's eyes teared up hearing his words. She leaned to his chest seeking comfort.

She was overwhelmed hearing his words. She knew nobody in this world can understand her as he does. He knows her more than she knows herself. But some of his previous actions are still haunting her and that's the reason why she can't talk about her problem to him. However, the comfort he provided made her think otherwise and she decided to share her crisis with him.

A gentle knock on the window snapped her out of her thoughts and soon she felt him moving. Within a few seconds, the smell of her favourite chocolates spread around.

"Chocolates...". she said in confusion.

"It's chocolate cupcakes, Butterfly. I told Deep to get it for you. You didn't have breakfast properly today. I dont want my baby to starve just because she hurried out to talk to me". He said unwrapping the cupcake box with a slight smirk.

 He said unwrapping the cupcake box with a slight smirk

She turned red in embarrassment hearing his words. She believed he was in hurry to attend the meeting and won't notice her skipping breakfast. But whom she is kidding? He always notices each and every minute detail about her.
She opened her mouth when he brought the cupcake near her lips and almost cried in delight as the chocolaty flavour blessed her taste buds. He smiled at her blissful face and fed her more.

For her single smile, he was ready to fight with this whole world. Ignoring a meeting is nothing compared to the heights he can go for her. He was already aware of her problems. Some hormonal teenagers from her college are teasing her for some days. He got to know this from the girls he sent for her protection.