Chapter 53

Narrator's pov

Completing his work fastly, Abhinav was departing for Pooja's college. He missed her so much today and wanted to surprise her. Deep travelled with him as his security guards escorted them in other cars. He was halfway to the college when he got a call from the guards whom he kept to follow Prerna. They informed him about Prerna travelling in an auto and going into an abandoned area of the city.

He authorized them to be extra careful and asked them to inform Ram also. Within a few minutes, they again called him saying that she is in danger and they found the auto crashed into a tree.

He too asked his driver to ride to that area when they failed to track down Prerna. He became tensed thinking about her safety. He won't say it aloud but he had a soft corner for her too. She is like a sister to him. Moreover, if something happened to her, his butterfly will be so devastated.

Ram arrived at the location shortly and started searching for her. Soon he heard Prerna's voice calling for help. They all ran in that direction and saw a man strangling her. Her face was already purple and she was on the verge of unconsciousness.

Ram sprinted towards them and he kicked that man away from her. Before she could fall to the ground he held her in his arms and hugged her tightly. The guards caught the auto driver before he could run off from there.

By the time Abhinav and Deep reached there, Ram sat on the ground holding her. He tried to wake her up by patting her cheeks but she already fainted in his arms.
Abhinav asked Deep to get water and went to them. He helped Ram to make her sit properly leaning against him. When Deep came there with water, Abhinav sprinkled some water on her face and tapped her face gently making Prerna wince.

Prerna slowly opened her eyes. She saw Ram and Abhinav glancing at her with a worried gaze. She felt an evident pain in her neck as she tried to look at them. Her hand heedlessly went to her throbbing neck and she remembered the events that caused her to pass out. Even though she felt a bit relieved seeing Ram, her eyes teared up at the thought of the assault which was bestowed upon her.

"Are you okay, Angrybird? Do you feel any pain now?". Ram questioned seeing her discomfort and fear.

She nodded fearfully and was immediately pulled into Ram's tight embrace. She heard his heart thumping wildly against her face. She cried her heart out clutching him. When her cries receded a little, he pulled back and her gaze fell on Abhinav who was kneeling in front of them with a concerned expression. He moved closer to them and helped her to drink some water.

She swallowed the water greedily as she felt her throat parched from all her screaming. The next moment she closed her eyes tightly in pain as her throat burned with pressure. She felt someone wiping the tears that trickled down her cheeks. She opened her eyes again and met with the warm eyes of Abhinav.

She felt strange looking at him like that. Whenever they met before they always fought like enemies. She averted her eyes from him feeling awkward and met with Ram's enraged face. His sharp jaw clenched while he gritted his teeth. She followed his gaze and found the driver who tried to molest her. He was thrashing in the arms of the guards glaring in her direction spitefully. She pushed her body close to him trembling badly in apprehension.

"Don't get scared, Angrybird. I am here for you. That bastard can never touch you. I will make sure of it". He pledged and kissed her forehead tenderly.

"Such a whore you are... When you struggled to stop me from touching I assumed you are a virgin. But see how you are clutching into other men. Now I understood you want rich men to pleasure you. Only they can give you enough money for that seductive body. Isn't it, slut". The man taunted maliciously and earned a kick from Deep in return.