Chapter 42

Narrator's pov

Abhinav and Ram were sitting in the living room of a small house, talking to a woman who is in her mid-twenties. Deep was also there with them standing near to the girl. She sobbed while holding her nine-month old baby close to her heart as the men in the room looked at her in pity.

"I know I can never compensate for your loss. But I want to do something to secure your and your baby's life". Abhinav uttered in a grim tone, looking at the woman crying in front of him.

"Vijay used to say that his life will be always in danger. But I never thought that he will leave us like this. We don't have anyone other than him...". The woman, Neha cried out pathetically in front of them.

Vijay was one of their guards, who was in charge of the security of the warehouse. And he lost his life in the fight with Rishi Goenka's men, during their attempt to rescue Riya.

"Please don't cry Neha... You have to be strong for your baby. She needs you". Deep tried to pacify her.

"Neha please don't hesitate to contact me if you want any help. I will be always there for you. Not as an employer... As a brother. Vijay was one of my most trusted guards and I assure you that I will never let his family suffer". Abhinav stated truthfully and stood up from there to leave.

"Neha you are staying here alone and baby is also so small. I am saying again don't think twice before calling me if you need anything.

And if you are not comfortable with calling me or Ram, you can call Deep. You both were college mates and also friends". He reminded again.

Neha nodded and wiped her tears. Gently touching and caressing the baby girl's head, Abhinav silently promised to protect that little girl and left from there followed by Ram and Deep.

The baby who lost his father reminded him of himself. But he was luckier than her that he got to spend more time with his father and to receive more love from him.
.
.
.
.

Lakshmi and Prerna were eagerly waiting in their living room, frequently looking at the clock.
Different from the normal days the mother-daughter duo wore sarees and they have decorated their cosy home beautifully.

The living room is adorned with a few decorative ribbons, flowers and a deliciously ornate chocolate cake was also placed there at the central tea table.

Shortly, the doorbell rang and Prerna rushed and opened the door. She saw Pooja standing there with a wide smile and a small yet elegant bouquet in her hands.

 She saw Pooja standing there with a wide smile and a small yet elegant bouquet in her hands