Chapter 51

Narrators pov

"Abhinav indeed killed that man, Prerna. He has murdered so many people before that also. But I assure you, the people whom he slaughtered never deserved any mercy. Do you know who is the first person he killed?". Ram chuckled painfully.

"W.who is that?". Prerna asked glimpsing Ram's eyes which showed her his anguish.

"It was his Mother... Vishakha Goenka". Ram declared in hatred.
Prerna gasped in surprise and disbelief.

"Goenka...? Did she got married to her lover after leaving Abhinav and his father?". She asked in confusion realising the different surname.

"Yes. She remarried after divorce. But not with her lover Rishi Goenka. With his younger brother, Rishab.
She always wanted to get wedded to Rishi. But that cunning jerk refused to marry her after her divorce from Akhil uncle. So she trapped his brother in her fake love.

Though Rishi and Rishab were brothers they were completely opposite. Rishab was an introvert who always liked to keep his life away from chaos. He never fought with his greedy brother even when he was kicked out of their family business. He started his own company and very soon he became a competitor for Rishi.

But when Vishakha entered his life with a sob story, everything started to fall apart. She made him believe that she is a victim of her cruel abusive husband. He fell into her trap and started to love her.

They got married and their son Gowtham, Abhi's stepbrother was born.
Soon Rishab got to know the truth about Vishakha and her true colours. He kept on ignoring everything to not spoil his son's childhood.

Soon Vishakha and Rishi joined hands again. This time their aim was Rishab's properties. Sensing the coming dangers Rishab prepared his will on Gowtham's name and send him to a boarding school.
He came to meet Akhil uncle after that. It was a few days before my Priya's kidnap.

He apologised to Akhil uncle for misunderstanding him. After two days we heard that he committed suicide". Ram said remembering that incident.

"Did he kill her for torturing and betraying him and his father?". Prerna enquired in curiosity.

"No Prerna. Abhi would have never harmed anyone of them for that. Before Uncle left us alone in this world, he only asked him for two things.
To let go of his past and live peacefully without holding any grudges against them.
He knew Abhi could never forgive them for the sins they committed but he wanted their enmity to end along with him.

That's the reason why Abhi spared Gowtham so many times. Even when they kidnapped Pooja that day, Gowtham and his fiance Meera was spared without a scratch.
Our guards were also shocked by Abhinav's that decision. No one knows about this connection between them except Aryan, Deep and me from our side.

And the second one was for both of us. Holding our hands in his weak one, he asked us to promise that we will be there for each other. To not fail in protecting each other.

In front of our loved one's dead bodies, that day we pledged to protect each other". Ram declared as his dark orbs reflected pain.

Prerna gripped his hand in hers in an attempt to ease his pain as her own eyes filled with tears. 

"If not for that why did he kill that woman?". Prerna asked thinking that it could divert his mind from that unfortunate memory. However, the sad chuckle he let out after her question made her aware that she failed miserably.

"It's for me... He did it for me". Ram's sound faltered and tears filled in his eyes.
Prerna's grip tightened on his hand and she looked at him in shock.