Chapter 43

Narrator's pov

"Why you visited us suddenly, Smitha?". Lakshmi inquired.

"What kind of question is that Lakshimiji. We are going to be relatives and we should meet frequently to strengthen our bond. I must say that you should also come to our home sometimes". Smitha replied in her usual over sweet tone.

"But we never said anything about this relations. I also said to you that it's almost impossible". Lakshmi reasoned in a bored tone.

"How can you say like that bhabhi... I am Shankar's old friend and please don't refuse this. I believe his soul will be happy with this decision of ours". Rakesh explained in a sad voice.

"Aunty, Why you kept these decorations here? Is there anything special today?". Vihaan asked Lakshmi.

"Today is Prerna's birthday. So we thought to celebrate it. But Prerna wanted it to be simple and she said not to call anyone else".

"Lakshmiji, if you had informed us about this earlier we would have bought a present for her. She is like our daughter". Smitha muttered and wished Prerna.

Others also wished her and she thanked them as she didn't want to be rude.
However, Pooja didn't understand what they are saying about being relatives soon. She stood from there wanting to ask Prerna about this. Prerna immediately came to her and held her hands to take her out.

"What happened, Pooja?". Rihaan asked suddenly seeing her going away from him.

"Nothing Rihaan. She was sitting here for a while now and I think she is bored now. Don't worry. I will take her outside. Please excuse us". Prerna asserted and walked out with her.

"Vihaan and Rihaan... Why you both are sitting like this here? Go and talk with them. We elders have so many things to talk about. You can spend time with them now. Go". Smitha advised her sons who were looking at the sisters in despair and before Lakshmi could say anything they both rushed outside.

Meanwhile, Prerna took Pooja outside. Making her sit on one of the wooden benches in their small garden, Prerna also took a seat beside her.

"Di, what they are talking about being relat...".

"Do you mind if we join?". A voice interrupted her question and Prerna saw the annoying siblings coming to them.

Maybe taking their silence as a positive answer or truthful to their usual noisy behaviour, they went near the sisters and sat on the bench opposite to them.
Prerna was seriously irked by their behaviour but choose to keep quiet not to create any problem.

They both began to blabber about their business and the efforts they are doing for their family. They didn't forget to randomly ask questions about Prerna's and Pooja's interests in jobs and studies.

After almost half an hour of their boring self-esteem speech, Prerna's phone started to ring and excusing herself she moved a little away from the group.

Taking this as an advantage Rihaan went to Pooja and took a seat near her. Pooja was startled by his actions but kept silent offering a small nervous smile.

However, it was not liked by Rihaan. He wanted to hear her sweet voice. He inquired of her college and academics, purposefully moving close to her now and then.

Prerna on the other hand moved a little far from them realising it was Ram's call. With a shy smile, she attended the call.

"Hello, Angry bird...". She heard his voice from the other side as soon as she attended the call.

"Well, I got to know that today is someone's birthday. So I thought to wish that special person.... Happy Birthday, Angry bird".

"Thank you...".She blushed profusely hearing his deep voice.