Chapter 50

Narrators pov

"Prerna, I told you to wear something nice. Why can't you listen to me once?". Lakshmi complained dramatically as Prerna came to the dining room after getting ready.

 Lakshmi complained dramatically as Prerna came to the dining room after getting ready

"Maa, there is no problem with this dress. It's looking good and I love this colour on me. I am not going to change this". Prerna said sitting in front of the table.

"Why are you so stubborn beta?". Lakshmi grimaced.

"I am not stubborn maa. You are just overreacting. Remember it's not my marriage. And I am already late". Prerna said stuffing her mouth with the delicious Upma Lakshmi prepared.

 Prerna said stuffing her mouth with the delicious Upma Lakshmi prepared

"It's not my fault. It's the first time my baby is going on a date. I just want everything good for you. I am so excited". Lakshmi mumbled with a hundred-volt smile.

Prerna gulped down her urge to smile at her maa's excitement. It has been a long since she saw her mother this happy.

It will be a lie if she said that she didn't enjoy her mother calling her a baby. She always calls her that making Ammu laugh at her. They all indeed adored Ammu. But her maa never saw Prerna any less than Pooja.

She never saw a woman this beautiful in and out. She will do anything in her power to see that smile on her face. That's why she agreed to go on this date even though she is not ready for this.

"Yes, Date. But he asked you... Not me. And you are forcing me to go for that. I don't know why you made me take a full day's leave". Prerna grumbled remembering the situation they put her in.

"Don't be silly, baby. He already said to me that he asked you many times and you didn't go. Moreover, you were sleeping at that time. So he asked me and I agreed". Lakshmi explained but only got silence in return.

"Beta, I liked that boy. He is so nice and I can see he is very much interested in you. However, I am not forcing you to marry him. You simply have to meet him and see whether you like him or not". Lakshmi tried pacifying her grumpy daughter.