Chapter 14

Narrator's pov

"Sir,I think she is suffering from stress and depression.That caused dehydration and that's why she fainted.And that bruises on her waist is also getting bad.
For now,I can inject painkillers and IV drops. And let her sleep for sometime". Doctor said to Abhinav after checking Pooja who was laying unconscious in the hospital bed.

"Ok, you can do it". He informed them while standing there leaning on the wall.

A pang of guilt shot through him as he watched the needle piercing her soft skin while she laid there motionless.

After she fainted in his arms he took her to his hospital. Prerna also accompanied them. They got the best VVIP room and a lots of surprised stares.He called the best lady doctor to check her.

The hospital staff were too amused to see the sight of Abhinav Khanna,who didn't even gave a second glance to any women he met, came to the hospital while carrying a little girl in his arms with another girl trailing behind.This news spread like a wildfire in the whole hospital.

"Sir, Shall I keep a nurse to look after madam?". Doctor queried nervously.

"No need. I will call them for removing the drip when it finishes". He replied.

"Ok sir.You can call me after she wakes up,so that I can check her".Doctor informed.

"Ok.You can leave now".Abhinav said and dragged a chair near Pooja's bed.

The doctor and nurse was leaving from the room when he saw that Prerna was also there in the room,standing at the corner of the room while looking at her sister.

"Wait".Abhinav said which caused the staff to turn around.

"Take her with you and show her the waiting room".He said in a plain tone.

"No.No....I will not go anywhere. I want to stay with her.I can't leave her alone". Prerna started to speak frantically.

"Go out, Prerna". Abhinav said calmly in a cold tone which held so much authority, while glaring at her.

Prerna got scared by the intensity of his words and stare. She understood that if, she is not going out,he will throw her out of the room. She turned to go out but stopped midway and turned to him.

"Please sir, don't hurt her". She said in a pleading tone while looking at him. Anyone can see her concern for her sister in her eyes.

For some reason he find it difficult to look in her eyes this time. He turned and looked at his baby butterfly.

"I won't do that. Just wait there.I will let you know when she wakes up". This time his voice didn't held any grudge against her.

She glanced at Pooja one more time and silently followed them outside. Abhinav sat in the chair near Pooja's bed and slowly stroked her hair.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Abhinav's pov

"I am sorry my little butterfly. I am so sorry for hurting you this way.....".I apologized looking at her innocent face while stroking her hairs gently.

Her face looked puffy and tear-stained. Her chubby cheeks still had the impressions of my fingers. I shouldn't have gripped my baby's jaw like that....

I slowly lifted her top from the side of her waist only to see red and purple coloured bruises. I can't believe I did this to my baby. She is so soft and fragile.I should be more careful with her. I slowly caressed her bruises and softly kissed on her waist.

If she is not unconscious she might be struggling and crying because of this kiss.I smiled thinking about that. After adjusting her top in place I took the wet wipes from the table and wiped her face softly. I don't remember when is the last time I did something soo softly.