Chapter 1

-Alex Wilkinson POV-

"Alex! Get up!" A loud bang erupted from my door. I bolted upright and checked the time on my alarm clock. 7:40.

Shit.

I scrambled out of bed and showered quickly, making sure I shaved my legs too. It was only a few weeks until Summer break so I was stoked. But I wouldn't be able to party like normal teens - no my parents were like jail workers.

I got out and threw on a fitted flower-printed dress with white converse. There won't be enough time to straighten my hair so I just let the long curls hang loose.

I grabbed my school stuff and headed to grab a bite before my brother, Sammy, leaves me.

My parents were already there, i groaned internally.

"Morning mom and dad." I said grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl. I also stuffed a protein bar in my bag.

"Morning Alex. I hope you studied for your Biology test today, you know what's expected of you." My father said sternly.

I nodded weakly.

"Yes, we expect high marks honey." My mom tried to say this supportively but it came out harshly. I nodded again and went outside.

That's my parents. Always expecting the best from their daughter, the best academic achiever in Nebraska High. We're not close at all, I can't tell them anything outside of academics because they'd find a way to criticize me.

"On your case again?" Sammy asked waiting against his car door. I laughed dryly.

"Aren't they always Sam." I sighed in frustration.

He pulled me into a hug. "They just want the best for you Lex." He said comfortingly. I shrugged and got into the car, finishing my apple and protein bar.

*at school*

"Alex! ALEX!" My bestfriend Jack Gilinsky yelled as I walked up to him standing next to his locker.

"Wadup G!" I said in a deep voice. Jack laughed and gave me a tight hug.

"Lets get to Bio and get this stupid exam over with." He groaned and slammed his door.

"Lets go Bio Buddie." I said hooking my arm into his.

"Do you know how dodgy that sounds? People immediately think sex when they think Biology and I'm your Bio Buddie? Gee, Alex!" Jack laughed as we made our way to class.

I giggled and punched him playfully. "You perverted boy!"

"Hey you said it!"

We laughed again. Jack and I have been best friends for our entire life, he started out as one of Sammys best mates. But then we became inseparably and he's the only guy my parents actually let me hang out with.

After our Bio exam, we still had a few minutes of the lesson so because our teacher loves us we had to start with the next work. DNA.

"Why do chromosomes have to stick together class?" He asked tapping his foot impatiently.

"Because they're bromosomes." I whispered to Jack who burst into laughter.

That got us extra homework for the weekend.

*lunch*

"So tell me you're going to Carters annual party that he throws for no reason?" Jack asked leading us to an empty table.

I giggled. "I'd love to. One problem though...my parents."

Jack sighed. Just then our friend Stacy jogged to us with an excited face. "Alex you are coming to the party! We're telling your parents I'm having a sleepover so you won't get caught." She said shaking my shoulders.

I stared at her. "I don't know Stace...I've never lied to them before."

"Well nows the time to start babe!" She said. I thought about it for awhile, because I really want to go to this party. I gave in and nodded.

She squealed. "Great! And I can borrow you something to wear." She clapped her hands and got started on my lunch.

"So we're all going!" Jack said cheerfully.

"My first highschool party." I said doing a little dance. Stacy and Jack stared at me mouths open. "What?"

"Rule number 1 if you don't want people to laugh at you: don't tell them its your first highschool party." Jack said through laughter.

Stacy laughed harder. "And never dance like that ever again!" She said.

They both laughed and high fived each other. I threw a grape at them both.

-

"How did your exam go?" My mom asked at dinner that night.

"Okay I guess." I said shrugging. Sammy wasn't here because my parents didnt bother him like he was 5.

"Can i ask you guys something?" I said quietly.

They nodded.

"So Stacy wants me to sleepover tonight so I can help her with Math's. She needs a tutor and I'm the only one willing to help." I said smoothly.

My parents looked at each other apprehensively and then at me. Finally my dad said, "Sure, aslong as you girls actually study and not stay up late." He said.

"Really? Thanks dad!" I said, over the moon.

"Its a study night remember! Get Stacy to pick you up now." My mom said. I got up and went to my room to pack an overnight bag. Then I rung Stacy who said she'd be here in 10.

-

"No way they let you!" Stacy slammed her fist on the steering wheel as we rode to her place to get ready for Carter Reynolds party.

"I told them we're studying!" I laughed. She stared at me in surprise.

"My little rebel! So Jack's picking us up at 9 so we have an hour to get ready!" She sang and we entered her house. Her parents were away for a religious camp thingie so we didn't have to sneak out tonight.

When we stepped into her room, there was clothes, makeup, shoes, jewelry everywhere! She smiled at wickedly.

"What?" I asked.

"We're giving you a make-over!" She said and giving me a evil mwaahahaha.

___________
Do you like the cover? Bcs I do

Lame intro chapter! It gets interesting, remember to vote, comment and share! Xoxo..