Chapter 6

-Nate POV-

A few weeks had already passed with me sneaking into Alex's room when Sammy wasn't there or when he was asleep. We've gotten closer in those weeks, getting to know each other and everything under the sun.

But I did keep huge secret away from her, one that only Sammy and a few other friends know about. I wanted to tell her but the chances of her being disgusted in me would fly higher. In time I'd tell her my scariest memory.

"Jack Gilinsky!" I heard Alex yelled as the front door closed. Sammy and I were in the kitchen eating, Jack was here to pic Alex up for school.

"Yo baybay lets get going." Jack said. She giggled and a moment of silence passed which means they were hugging. I felt myself stiffen with anger.

"Aren't you gonna snap at Gilinsky like you did with me?" I asked Sammy icily. He looked at me intently before laughing. "Because they're bestfriends and Jacks known us his whole life."

I shook my head. "You've known me your whole life. Whats the difference.?"

"The difference is that Jack's never gonna hurt her. Youre my best mate but I know that your past...your past is gonna hurt her Nate."

My heart sank, i bit my nail and looked the other way. It made me angry because he's right. "Whatever." I muttered just as Alex and Jack walked in, she was laughing at something he said.

"Sup guys." Jack greeted us. Sammy smiled and I just nodded giving Alex a cold glance, her smile faded. So maybe I am jealous...

"Coffee?" She asked Jack who nodded and went to help her. They were laughing, cracking jokes, whispering and touching each other so much I was gonna vomit on Jacks face.

"No let me." She laughed and pulled the whipped cream can out of Jacks hands, she butted him with her hips. I didn't mind but I blew my top when he gripped her hips and pulled her back making her giggled.

I stood up abruptly, knocking the table noisily. "What the fuck Nate?" Jack asked angrily. I ignored him and walked out, slamming the door behind me. I was more than angry.

I was ready to murder Jack...and Alex.

-Alex POV-

"Whats his problem?" Jack asked as we stared after an angry Nate who stormed out several minutes ago.

"Yeah..Alex? What's Nate's problem?" Sammy asked raising a guilty eyebrow. I shrugged.

"How would I know? He's probably just having a bad day..." I said trying to sound okay but I knew why he was angry. I knew why he stormed out.

Because of how touchy feely Jack had been with me. I didn't think Nate would get upset because I expected him to know how close we are. "Yeah right." Jack rolled his eyes.

I pretended not to care but I wanted to run to Nate, I wanted to explain that we're just friends. I wanted him to calm down and never look at me with those angry eyes.

I sighed and followed Jack to his car to leave for school, while texting Nate.

To Skate❤ : Where are you!?

I received a reply almost instantly as if he was waiting for a message from me. But it was anything but usual sweet Nate.

From Skate❤: Why do u fuckin care? You seem to like being touched by your boyfriend.

To Skate❤: WTF? are u kiddin me? You're being stupid Nate.

From Skate❤ : have a good time with him.

To Skate❤ : whatever. I'm over it.

And I didn't receive one back.

-

"Oh he's staring at me!" Stacy squealed as Jack, Stacy and I sat at our lunch table, just a few tables opposite from Sammy and Nate and well all the popular kids.

I smiled and nodded but I knew he was looking right into my eyes. As if daring me to even talk to Jack, his fists clenched everytime Jack made me laugh. It as very annoying.

"Is he still looking?" She asked flipping her hair and pretending to not care. She really did though. "Practically drooling babe!" I winked at Stacy who seemed satisfied. I honestly don't know why I'm leading her to the boy I like.

I'm just always the supportive friend who steps back so Stacy can have the spotlight.

When Stacy and Jack chatted away about an upcoming party, I zoned out. I felt Nates stare and glanced up to meet those chilling dark eyes. He stared so I stared back.

He kept his eyes fixed on me, sharp and clear but needy as if secretly telling me he wants me. I stared back harshly letting him know I'm not giving in but his eyes became less angry and more needy - more soft.

My eyes mirrors his actions - they softened too and held the same want. Jack nudged me and I looked away - breaking the stare with Nate but still feeling his eyes on me until I was out of his sight.

Why do I want this kid so much?