Chapter 4

Halsey - Empty Gold
---------------

-Alex POV-

Stacy burst through my room door. "Holy shit! I didnt know thee Nate Maloley is Sammy's bestfriend! And Sammy is YOUR brothers! Im gonna be spending time here more often."

I laughed. "He's not all that Stace!"

She looked at me like I grew two heads.

"Okay you're definitely lesbian! He is fiiine and he's new so he doesn't know my rep." She giggled and collapsed on my bed. Stacy is known for sleeping with guys then acting like she doesn't know them and she didnt even care. She embraced it.

"You get him Tiger." I teased but secretly i envied her because she's perfect. Blonde hair, blue eyes, thin yet curvy. She was funny and everyone loved her, she was just good at everything. And ofcourse Nate would fall for her with a bat of the her eyelash.

"I just might." She smiled evilly. I didn't want her to know about the kiss Nate and I shared, she'd go for him either way. Why would he choose short, way too curvy, boring me over gorgeous Stacy.

"I'd love to stay and obsess over Nate Maloley but Cameron asked me out on a date so tata love!" Stacy said as she snatched a few makeup items from my table and left. It's Tuesday and my parents are still away, they're never here actually.

I decided to just read a new book - Looking for Alaska - Jack got me a week ago. Just as I started Sammy walked in. "Don't remember saying you can come in." I said flipping the page.

"Yeah yeah little sister, anywaaay! Since mom and dad are MIA, Nate and I are throwing a party!" He said.

"Uh no."

He pulled my toes. "Cmon! I promise its just a few people and you won't even hear us."

"No Sammy, the last time you threw a small party, I was the only one grounded for 3 months while you were free."

He laughed. "This is different though, cmon just lighten up abit Lex."

I sighed. "Whatever just go have your stupid party then."

"Besssst sister ever!" He yelled and hugged me tightly.

"Yeah great now get off me." I said pushing his body away. He ruffles my hair and skipped out of the room. I knew this would turn bad and I'd have to fix it.

-

The music was blaring as i paced my bedroom floor with gritted teeth. I'm gonna kill Samuel. I marched down stairs and passed a couple that was probably gonna do the nasty on our staircase. The hallway was litered with red cups and spilt alcohol.

The den was packed with sweaty drunk teens so i pushed my way passed them to look for my big brother. I spotted him walking to the DJ stand.

"Sammy!" I yelled. He looked at me and waved with a huge tooty smile on his face. I blinked. Did he fucking think I'm here to say hey? He carried on to the DJ stand.

"SAMUEL WILKINSON!" I yelled making all the people stop dancing, the music even turned down. Everybody went 'ohhhh' and glanced between Sammy and I.

"Seeesteeerrr!" He grinned and leaned on me obviously drunk. "I luurrrv yuuu." He slurred his words.

"Thats it! Party's off! Get out of my house." I yelled as everyone groaned and slumped towards the door. I hadn't seen Nate, he's probably in the bathroom or something.

When everyone was finally out, I dragged Sammy to his room. Pulled ofd his ahoes and tucked him in. Despite his annoying ways, I'd always take care of him. [insert aww].

I sighed and started cleaning the huge mess in the den and basically everywhere else. I heard a chuckle behind me and turned around. "What?" I asked a grinning Nate Maloley.

He shrugged. "Cute jammies." He said eyeing me from to to bottom. I suddenly felt shy. I punched him in the gut playfully, he grabbed my hands and pulled me closer. I gulped.

"Why can't I figure you out hmm? You're a closed book Alex." He said staring at me intently. I laughed dryly.

"There's actually nothing complicated about me at all." I said pulling away. "You're the one closed up."

He was silent so i got back to my cleaning up, he the grabbed the black bag out of my hand. "Let me help you, you look really exhausted!" I protested but he ignored me and carried on.

When we were done, he sighed and said, "I should get going..."

"Yeah, thanks for helping me Nate."

He smiled, nodded and turned to leave when I finally had the guts to say, "Do you wanna uhm stay for...hot choc? Its the least i could offer for helping me."

He looked taken back. "I'd love some."

-

"What! That really happen?" Nate burst out laughing. I hide my face and giggled.

"Well I waved at him and BAM! Into the glass wall."

He laughed even harder. "Okay that takes the cake of most embarrassing moment."

"Whatevz!" I rolled my eyes. The clock read 3:20. Nate just smiled at me in wonder. We had been drinking hot chocolate and talking about everything under the sun for two hours.

"I think you're -" he said, but was interrupted by my big brother bursting through the kitchen door. He looked pissed. Ohh shit.

"Oh this is great. Im asleep for two hours and you two decide to have a tea party?" He said icily, looking between with a raised brow. I know Sammy has anger problem but this was a little insane.

Nate stood up immediately. He glared at Nate and then turned to me. I thought fast. "Why the hell don't you have proper clothes on Alex?!" He barked surveying my PJz. They're Pajama's for god sakes.

"And why the hell are you hitting on my sister Nate?" He jabbed a finger at an annoyed looking Nate. I felt awful.

"Look man, I was just helping - "

"Helping to break my little sisters heart? You know what i told you...keep it that way." He said to Nate coldly. Nate only nodded. I stared angrily at Sammy.

"Alex, go to your room and the next time I have a party...dont come down!"

"But I cleaned up your mess Samuel!"

"I don't give a fuck! Now go to your fucking room before-"

Nate interrupted which I wish he hasn't because that made Sammy more angry. "Hey man don't be mean to your sister, she was being nice."

"I was talking to my sister! Now go Alex."

I was really angry now. "Urg! You ruin everything Sam!" I cried. "Stop trying to be my mom and dad!"

I knocked the mug of hot chocolate and ran upstairs in tears. I slammed the door and sunk right into my bed, crying until i fell asleep.