Chapter 12

-Nate POV-

To say that tonight was fucking amazing would be putting it very very lightly. It was so much more than that...more than anything I've ever experienced actually. Finally getting with Alex was worth waiting for because it was fantastic.

It was three hours later, we were curled up in my bed watching Netflix. Alex had woken up from a small nap and caught me gazing down at her. Her hair was tangled but  still looked beautiful. I thought about earlier, her body on mine.

"What?" He asked looking at me with those big eyes. I chuckled and brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. "You just looked so good on top of me I couldn't take my eyes off you."

She blushed and curled into me even more, she fit perfectly. "Pretty darn amazing Nate."

"I don't want you to go!" I said pulling her closer to me.

She sat up and wrapped the sheet around her. "I should head home before Sammy and them get back. I don't want to get you into trouble."

I sighed and trailed my finger along her bare back. She shivered. "I dont really care if I get shit from Sammy...why do you care so much? Why do we have to hide because im ready to sacrifice."

She closed her eyes and leaned back into bed and resting her head on my chest while i stroked her hair. "Despite our fights, I never want Sammy to be disappointed in me or go against his wishes."

"So there can never be an us."

"I didn't mean it like that Nate." She sighed.

"Then what? Because its like we'll never have something if we have to hide it away from your brother."

"How would you feel if you had a sister and Sammy moved in on her?

I blinked. "I mean if its because they really love each other."

She laughed and shook her head. "You're impossible!"

I pulled her closer. "Well sooner or later Alex, i can't hide this forever."

"I know but he just thinks your not good for because of your past...what does that mean?"

I tensed up. I can't believe Sammy hasn't told her about what happen a few years ago, why i had to leave Omaha. And honestly, I hope she didn't find out.

"He's probably kidding, trying to scare you into not wanting me." I said trying to cover up the tenseness. She looked at me skeptically like she didn't buy it but nodded.

It was something I wanted my past to stay my past. It belonged there and I didn't want it to ruin what Alex and i have.

"Sure you don't want me to drive you home? Its pretty late babe." I said changing the topic.

"No I'll be fine." She got up and slid her clothes on. I tried not to stare at her while she dressed but it was so hard so I got up too and dressed.

It was already 12 p.m so they party was still happening but I didn't want her to stay long incase Sammy was home. I wish she would stay but we had to backup. We walked out to her car together.

"C'mere." I said pulling her into a hug, what we shared tonight is something that would never and can never be replaced by any girl. She needed to know this.

"You're special, kay? You're so special to me." I whispered against her hair. I felt her arms tighten around my waist.

"You're special too." She said. But this wasnt enough, I feel like i should shout out to the world how special she is. I shook my head.

"You're everything to me Alex Wilkinson and nobody's gonna break that."

"Nobody will. I promise." She said looking up to me. I kissed her lips softly before she jogged to her car and sped home. I stared after her.

I felt shitty inside because this night is special, it's one of our memories and she couldn't even stay the night. I had planned to make her breakfast and take her out the next day but given the circumstances...

I slammed the door shut, suddenly angry and her brother - my best friend. Why couldn't he just understand how I feel about her. I haven't felt complete in 3 years and now I finally have someone who completes me.

I know I'd snap one day. And I hope it isn't soon because Alex would have to deal with Sammy.

-ALEX POV-

After showering and climbing into bed, i texted Nate to say I'm home. We chatted for a few minutes until he said goodnight.

I tried to sleep but I laid awake looking at the ceiling and thinking of Nate, he didnt know but tonight had been my first time ever. I knew it wasnt his first time but for me It was beyond description or explaination, I just have a feeling that we're gonna be together for a long time.

"Shhh! I don't wanna wake her up." I heard giggling. It was Sammy and some girl. "Yeah! She'd freak." I heard a very familiar voice.  It was Stacy. My bestfriend.

-