Chapter 7

Dedicated to @EsperanzaRivera4

-Alex pov-

"No guys, I'm not gonna come." I said to a disappointed looking Stacy and Jack. Stacy pouted. Its 7pm and the three of us were decked out at Café for coffee and doughnuts which was our after school friday ritual.

"Alex please!"

"No! Now drop it guys...I'm not going to the party because I'm not feeling well." I snapped at them but immediately felt sorry when they drew silent. "Sorry," i sighed. "I'm just feeling off okay but you guys have fun for me."

"Want me to stay?" Jack asked looking concerned. I shook my head. I was kinda annoyed with his babying me around.

"No I'll be fine, have fun okay? I've gotta get home - its already late and Sammy will blow his top." I grabbed my jacket and keys and got going.

When I got home, i was suprised nobody else was here so I locked the door and went upstairs wanting to take a nap. I opened my room door and almost screamed when I saw someone sitting on my bed.

But I realized it's Nate Maloley.

"Its about time, I've been here for a half an hour." He whined flipping through my books which I snatched out of his hands roughly.

"You're getting too brave," I said. "Sneaking in when my brother can catch you, its like you're asking for Sammy to kill you."

He scoffed. "He's out with Rachel, some friend of yours. He won't know I'm here."

I nodded and shrugged my coat off, Rachel wasn't my friend. She's Stacy's friend who had been introduced to me recently. I found her strange and clingy over Stacy and my brother.

Nate got up and walked to me, he stood close by but I pushed him away hard. He looked annoyed. "Okay...I'm sorry about being rude to you when Jack was here. Is that what you want?"

I looked at him coldly. "No because its so easy to say sorry but never mean it! If you're here to just say meaningless things then you might as well get out now."

"Okay...you're right Alex. But I meant what I said, I really am sorry." He said fiddling with his fingers. My heart softened.

"I forgive you." I said. "Don't know why you had to throw a fit though." I murmured as I plopped down on my bed. Nate snorted and jumped on top of me, his face inches from mine.

"I think you know why I was angry, but you just want me to tell you right?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes. Okay secretly I assumed he was jealous but Nate is so reserved i can never be sure. "I don't know what you mean."

He chuckled. "I flipped because I'm jealous Alex. I'm jealous of you and Jack being so close, he's my friend too so I don't hate him for that. Yet."

I blushed.

"I'm jealous of how he doesn't  have to hide his feelings for you like I have to." He added sadly. My smile faded.

"Jack doesnt have feelings for me, we're just close so you don't have to be jealous of him Nate." I said sliding my arms around his neck.

"No I'm not jealous of him. I'm jealous because I have to pretend to not know you and like you when I fucking do." He said getting kind of angy.

"You like me?" I asked, surprised that he admitted it. He sighed and pressed himself against me again, I loved the feeling so much I pulled him.

"I'm almost in love with you Alex, I'll tell you when I figure it." He whispered against my face, I felt his breath on my neck. I shivered and gripped him tighter. "I want you so badly, its hard containing that feeling."