Chapter 18.

-ALEX POV-

I woke up miserably the next day for school, I really didn't want to go today. Simply because I know Nate and Stacy would be the talk of the school and I didn't want to hear any of it.

I showered quickly and threw on a black high-waisted short with my favorite nirvana shirt. I let my hair loose today and headed out before running into my brother. But as usual i have the worse luck in the world because he was in the kitchen already.

"Morning Alex." He said. I smiled fakely at him and grabbed an apple off the table.

"What was wrong yesterday? You were upset and only Jack could see you." He said eating his cereal. I just shrugged and made a cup of coffee. "Aren't you gonna talk to me?"

"I don't have anything to say to that, I'm just tired thats all." I said simply.

"Anyways, Nate seems really happy so he's picking Stacy up and i need a ride." Sammy said.

"Sorry can't help you out, Jacks fetching me."

"Well I'd ask Nate anyways, I wonder if he stayed over at Stacy's house. That'll be awkward." He chuckled. I wanted to punch his lights out. I didn't say anything.

"Whatever. Nate and I have a double date today so we won't be back tonight. Don't wait up." He said finally breaking the silence

I snorted. "I was planning to don't worry." I shot back and marched out leaving my coffee because I couldn't stand there and still listen to shit. I sat on the porch and waited for Jack and soon a car drove up our driveway.

It wasn't Jack. It was Nate and Stacy.

I felt like running back inside but my legs were like jelly so I stayed seated.

"Lex! Omg I have so much to tell you!" Stacy yelled running up to hug me. I returned the hug and met Nates eyes over her shoulder. He stood against the pillar with his hands in his pocket. "Nate and I finally together!"

I plastered a smile on my face. "Really? Thats great! I'm so happy for you Stace. You two look good together." Lie lie lie lie.

"I know right." she gushed and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled like he was happy they were together. I felt like someone had stuck a metal rod in my chest.

"Where's Sammy?" She asked.

"He's inside, he'll be out in a sec. Oh here's my ride." I smiled as Jack parked in our drive way. I was praying he would show up already to save me.

He came up and hugged Stacy, eyed Nate and then came to stand next to me. He put his arm around me. "Ready to go baeee?" He asked bumping my hip playfully. I giggled and nodded.

"Woah woah woah!" Stacy said. "Since when are you two an item!" She squealed. I wanted to protest but Jack looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. He winked at me to play along.

"Well...last night...it sort of just happened, it was like meant to be ya know?" Jack said kissing my cheek. I blushed and tried not to burst out into laughter. Im the worse actor ij the world.

"What!!! You guys did it!? And didn't tell your best friend!" Stacy yelled hugging us both. I felt Jack squeeze my hand, a sign that he was gonna laugh in their faces soon.

"Yeah its something special we decided should stay that way. He was great anyways." I smiled and gazed at Jack like I was inlove.

"Me? Awwh babe you were the amazing one! I mean rough yeah but amazing." Jack was milking it now.

Our plan worked because Nate was red with anger. "What?" He asked gritting his teeth and lunged for Jacks face. I quickly pulled Jack away and Stacy pulled Nate the opposite direction.

"Nate what's wrong with you!" Stacy asked suspiciously staring between Nate and I like she suspects something. It did seem suspicious.

"Cmon lets go babe." I said pulling Jack towards the car. Nate still glaring at us like we shot a baby. I giggled like one of the cheerleaders at our school and got into the car.

"Yeah maybe we can get a quick sesh before school." Jack said loud enough for Nate to hear him. I snickered and pulled Jack towards the car.

As soon as we were out of sight, Jack and I burst out into fits of laughter. We kept describing Nates angry/jealous face.

"Never ever giggle like that again!" Jack said between laughs. He's face was red.

I mimicked a cheerleader giggle again and Jack doubled over from laughing so hard. I smiled at him. This was a real laugh.

I guess im lucky to have a best friend like Jack Gilinsky.