Chapter 13

-ALEX POV-
I woke up the next morning ready to laze the day away. I have no projects, no homework. So I decided to stay in bed until I got a text from someone.

*From ShawnM: wanna head out to the studio today? I miss ya!*

Shawn Mendes is about the sweetest guys you will ever meet. He's a great singer to top it off. Shawn is one of Sammys friends too and he's been busy recording his EP lately so we never chill.

*To ShawnM: Yep! Miss your famous ass around here.*

*From ShawnM: cool beans! Pick u up in a few. :D*

Since starting High School, everybody told me that Shawn has a little crush on and my own brother tried to set me up with him. But we've only started hanging out recently.

I don't gave feelings for Shawn and I don't see that happening. And besides, Nate and I are something i can't ignore or push aside.

So I showered, threw on black leggings and a black Bastille band tee with black boots. I just felt like a rocker today, I tied my hair in a messy bun and headed downstairs to grab a snack but instantly regretted it.

"You're cuter!" Stacy giggled as I entered the kitchen. She was sitting on Sammy's lap and they were sharing a bowl of Coco Pops. Ew. I groaned.

"Woah. Alex uh..." Sammy said almost pushing Stacy off his lap.

"Oh em gee Lex! This isnt what it looks like." Stacy said in an annoying tone, I was suddenly irritated.

I snorted. "You're really a fucking hypocrite Sammy, lecturing me about your bestfriend when you banged mine. I"

"Lex cmon." He said as if I was acting up for no reason.

"I don't have a problem with you two but why would you literally ban me from Nate?" I yelled. Actually pissed with Sammy.

Sammy sighed. "Why are you freaking out? We just had a hook up. Chill out."

"Yeah! Cmon bestie." Stacy added.

"Shut up. I don't have time for this right now, I'm heading out." I said slamming the door behind me. I was raging by the time Shawn picked me up.

"Hey you look red." He asked driving to his studio. His brown eyes softened me a little so I smiled. "Whats up?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Sammy being Sammy."

He nodded understandingly. "Everyone knows how protevtive he is over you especially with boys. No guy would dare approach you."

I laughed. "Im dying a virgin."

Shawn laughed with me but I didn't find it funny after thinking of last night again and how good Nate was...

Shit. I was blushing so hard I had to look the other way until the image was out of my head. "I got us some breakfast, and snacks. Im sorry its such a boring place buy have to work and i thought it'd be cool to hang before im off for work again."

"Are you kidding! I'd love to check out the studio and hear you practice." I said clapping my hands.

"Thanks Alex. And Mahogany is there too so you wont be alone while I'm busy."

"Mahogany? Oh man i haven't seen red head since... Forever!" I said with a huge smile, really excited now. Mahogany is another good friend, she DJz and dabbles in singing too.

When we arrived at the studio Mahogany tackled me in a hug. "Oh you've gotten boobs now Wilkinson!" She admired me like I'm her daughter.

"Girls." Shawn blushed and headed into the booth. We laughed and sat down to catch up.

"So you and Shawnie boy?" She wiggled her brows. I snorted and almost sprayed her with MacDeez burger.

"No ways! We're just friends Mahogany and he's not my type." I said rolling my eyes at her disappointed expression.

"What is your type then Fussy Fran." She said throwing a chip at me. I laughed and threw it back.

"Fussy Fran? Who the hell even says that?"

"My grandmother! Have some respect will ya Wilk! Now whats your type?" I laughed and decided i should just tell her seeing that she's the only girlfriend I trust enough.

"Well a certain dimple-faced, tattooed rapper." I said fast and blushed deeply.

Mahogany shrieked so loud, I'm sure the whole of Omaha heard her. I've never seen her act this girly before so naturally I giggled making her think its because of the guy.

"NATE MALOLEY! You bad bitch!" She whisper-yelled shaking my arm excitedly while jumping in her seat.

"Shut it Mahogany! Nobody can know about this hear me. No-freaking-body!" I said putting my hand over her mouth. She nodded so I could remove my hand. "But Sammy is anti-Nate so its like impossible to have a relationship."

"Sammy needs to get laid." She rolled her eyes.

I giggled. "Maybe that's the problem, he's been getting it every night."

Mahogany gasped. "Who!?"

"A lot of girls, my best friend too."

"What a loser. So now why can't you be with Nate?"

I shrugged. "Something about his past and how I'd get hurt." She looked down like she knows what that means, why does everyone know besides me? "What is it?" I asked.

She checked her phone. "Jacobs calling, he's probably here to fetch me! I'll see you soon Wilk, love ya!" She said and dashed out of the studio. Lovely.

Shawn had been talking to the producers and managers the whole time, he gave me a thumbs up. And started singing his new track Stitches. It was fantastic!

If I'm without your kisses I'll be needing stitches.

He looked directly at me and sang that last line, his eyes burning into mine. I turned red and made as if I needed a sip of my Coke. He was done and came out to have a break.

"That was fantastic!" I squealed and hugged him he chuckled and squeezed me back, lifting me off the ground a little. When he let go, he touched my cheek briefly before pulling away. It was like he wanted to know if im real...

The whole afternoon consisted of Shawn singing and taking breaks with me. He even let me sing in the booth with him just for fun much to the recorders annoyance. He even took a selfie and posted it to Instagram with a caption:

"Been up in the studio with my lady, isn't she a dime? @alexwilk"

My notifications blew up because of the picture with Shawn. Although I have a famous brother and he's famous group of friends, I've never been socially popular. I've actually been liked the least because im a girl who's always around people like Shawn Mendes, Jack Gilinsky etc.

Little did I know Nate would see the pic and completely lash out on me.