4 - Fourteen

4 x 02 ~ 117

4 x 02 ~ 117

_____________________________________

This can't be happening.

This isn't real.

None of this make sense.

How are you Derek?

These thoughts danced through my mind the entire ride back to the States, as I watched the sleeping boy who head rested in my lap. The others looked back at us occasionally, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from him.

He had Derek's scent, and was wearing his clothes, but his face and body were different. Very different. And his body felt like ice, in comparison to the warmth mine gave off.

I ran my fingers through his hair softly, as I wasn't sure if I should even touch him but he nuzzled closer to me. This was something that Derek did on those few, rare nights he actually laid down to sleep, and not stare at the ceiling with anguish written across his face. Derek had the most peaceful look whenever he slept, and I assume part of that was the iron-tight grip he had on my waist, but I wasn't one to complain because I got to feel his warm and listen to his heartbeat, each night.

But now, I'm sure now I'm sure even Scott and Malia could hear my heart racing in the very back of Stiles' jeep. My mind and my heart where in two different places, at the moment.

One, overjoyed to have him back, and safely nestled in my arms.

The other, scared that something horrible had happened while he was out of my sight.

And right now, I couldn't tell them apart.

"Leo," Someone called out, I looked up and saw Scott and Stiles standing outside the jeep looking at me, water rained down their faces, I looked around and saw that we were parked outside the animal clinic, I didn't even notice when we crossed the border, "we need to take him inside,"

I looked back to Scott and nodded to him. He reached in the backseat and took Derek from me and hoisted him over his shoulder, and carried him inside, I took a breathe before I climbed out into the rain and followed them inside. My body was sluggish at first, and by the time I reached the door to the examination room, they already had him on the table and Deaton was looking at him with confusion on his face.

"Wow," he muttered after a moment of looking over Derek,

"Wow? Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do," kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for," Stiles said sarcastically, but that was his defence to the situation,

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton said to him and I scoff,

"Your abilities might be the only thing that can fix him," I snapped which made the Vet look over at me, "so fix him, please,"