5 - Thirty-six

5 x 12 ~ Damnatio Memoriae

____________________________________________________

Tsubaki's POV

The sight of our son fades away as my vision turns to black. There was brief stillness in the universe, but it only lasted a moment, I felt the tug of an unseen force and it flung my consciousness back. The astral plane was an unforgiving mistress, as my mind got battered and bruised as it flew towards my unmoving body. Then I crashed into myself, my lungs felt like their filled with sand as I took a deep breath in, my eyes begun to water as I blinked, adjusting them to the darkness that surrounded me, and what's worse was my body, that felt like it had been casted in cement.

"Hey," the soft voice spoke from beside me, "You okay?"

I didn't have to look up to know it was Thomas. We had searched the entire preserve and met up at the eastern look out point, and decided to try another method, which required me to astral project into our son's mind. And it worked.

"Damn you, Noshiko, for making that look easy," I groaned as rolled my neck and winched at the tension in my muscles, I glanced over at Thomas who was staring at me with worried etched all over his handsome fance, so I cracked a small smile, "I found him,"

"Oh thank, Christ," he exclaimed as he moved over to me, he dropped down to his knees, and brought me into a bone crushing hug, I chuckled as he squeezed me, he pulled back and his hands came up to my cheeks, he leaned in and gave me a small but gentle peck, "You're amazing you know that,"

"I know," I said with a smile,

"Where is he?" he asked as he moved backwards and helped me up to my feet,

"Trapped in a room, that looks like its made out of mountain ash wood," I told him, he gave me a confused look, so I nodded, letting him know I was just as confused, "I think the Dread Doctors are holding him, somewhere in the city, it was cold, damp, dark, and wherever it is, its underground,"

"And big enough to contain not only him, but the other teenagers who the became chimera as well," Dean said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, "We need Cass, to get Jack talking, if he can give us something to work with that might tell us where Leo is,"

I nodded along as he placed the phone to his ear, I turned back to look out at the city, forcing myself to take a steady breath.

"Hold on baby, mommy and daddy are coming for you," I said softly for no one but him to hear,

Leo's POV

This was harder than it looked. It was like teaching yourself to drive a car, when you haven't even learned to ride a bicycle, which is weird considering I know how to do both.

I could hear that bone chilling crackling noise they made. I could feel the presence of another being in the room with me. I could sense the shift of my power, as the energy from my tail morphed the fireflies. It was all there but the pieces weren't connecting.