Final (1) ~ Fifty-five

6 x 19 ~ Broken Glass

_________________________

One year later. Somewhere in the middle of the USA.

Derek's POV

"On you're knees Hale!" The grunt who's name I didn't know or care to know shouted from behind me, the click of a gun following his voice,

With a grunt, I dropped to my knees glancing over as Chris Argent did the same.

"Hands on your head!" Another one yelled, I rolled my eyes and did as told,

Normally, I could take three low level hunters, who bit off more than they could chew. Even Chris can outshoot these idiots, but they took us by surprise, slamming their truck into Chris Car's knocking us off the road, and came out guns first. Wolfsbane and anxiety filled the air as they yelled at us, and I knew one wrong step would be problematic, so I just needed to wait until one of them slips up. Then I could take them.

"I can't believe we caught you," The third one said with a hysterical chuckle, he walked over circling around us and I got a good look at his face, "Gegard said it'll be hard, that you were danger, but look at you, the big bad wolf on his knees, moments away from death,"

"Anyone ever tell you, you talk to much," Chris told him and I huffed out a silent laugh,

"Anyone any told you, you were a traitor to you're own kind!" He yelled back, "You turned your back on your father! On your family! To side with his beast and killers! You should be ashamed!"

"Is that what Gegard told you? Are those the lies he's been filling your head with?" Chris asked back, I glanced over at him then to the hunter, and saw the way his hands shook, "You listened to words of a dying man, and believed them without just cause or reason, do you even know what he plans to do?"

"He's gonna wipe the slate clean, rid the world of these mongrels," the guy said, pointing his gun at me,

"And then what?" Chris asked, "Do you really think genocide of an entire species is his endgame? Do you really think he'll end it there?"

"He's doing what most be done," the second one said, his voice full of conviction but his body language said he was still unsure,

"To what end?" Chris asked, but none answered, I looked between the three hunters and saw that not even they knew,

It's been like this for the past few months. Idiots, headstrong-wannabe-heroes, and easily impressionable young adults, were having their minds twisted and corrupted by the lies and mistruths of Gerard Argent. Allowing themselves to becomes murderers, cut throats and cowards, all in the claim of protecting the human race.