4 - Twenty-four

Alright ladies, gays and the few straight guys who read this, yes I see you, hello ;)

Gird your loins! Because it's about to be an emotional ride 🥺

4 x 12 ~ Smoke and Mirrors
________________________________

Derek's PoV

Leo was upset.

"Argh!" he snarled, then it was followed by a loud metal clang and thud, I looked across the loft to see his trident embedded into the wall, he huffed before he walked over and pulled it free,

"Does he seem a bit... on edge to you?" Braeden asked as she walked over and dropped the last of her weaponry onto the table,

"Define on edge?" I asked her, I kept my gaze on Leo was he made some very violent and aggressive stabbing movements, his face started to shift and I gripped the table as I could feel his anger and frustration from the other side of the room, I shook my head slightly before I decided to speak up, "Leo, are you okay?"

"I'm..." He begun to say, but the trident slipped from his grip and I noticed the slight twitch in his face and the way his hand shook a bit, he used his foot to kick the trident back up and caught it midair, "...fine!"

  "You sure about that? Because you look like you're about to hulk out," Braeden stated, she gestured at him, Leo looked down and finally noticed he had shifted, he took a breath before he shifted back, "Look, usually before I go in guns blazing, I like to know if the person covering my six, is going to be actually covering my six, and not on the verge of whatever supernatural meltdown this is... so I'll ask, what's going on with you?"

Leo paused as he looked between us, I gave him a sympathetic look, while Braeden just stared at him. After a moment, he groaned and rested his trident on the table as he stepped towards us.

"I'm angry," he started,

"We can see that," Braeden muttered as she gestured to the wall that became his target practice, "but why?"

Leo looked at me and looked away.

"Because my friends are in danger. Because Kate Argent has been nothing but trouble for years. First lied to, and abused Derek, then she murdered his family, and now she's hurting my friends," Leo said with his gaze locked on the table and he came towards it, I leaned back and crossed my arms as I watched and listened to him, he pressed his hands onto the table and I watched as his claws begun to slip out, "What if she gets away again? What if she comes after Lydia, or Malia, or Liam, or me? What if she tried to take you again, Derek?"

"That won't happen," I said to him bluntly,

"You don't know that!" Leo snapped in deep voice, his breaths turned to snarls, his hands begun to twitch, I begun to feel the heat rolling off his body from the other side of the table, and from the way Braeden flinched back I guessed she felt it too, "She hurts people and gets away with it, she hurt you and she got away again with... but that ends tonight,"