5 - Thirty-four

5 x 10 ~ Status Asthmaticus _________________________

_________________________

Leo's POV

It was around midnight when the radio in the sheriff's station begun to crackle. I looked over to Jordan who was still asleep in the cell, and Lydia who was leaned up against me, as we sat outside, waiting for something to happen.

Then I heard the officer working the dispatch radio respond. His voice got louder as he spoke to the other officers who were working tonight.

"Unit 8 to Dispatch, advise coming up on Taft, animal is back on all fours and..." I heard through the radio static, the line went dead for a moment before a loud shout came through, "Holy..."

Then the sound of tires screeching. I looked back to Lydia, then I slowly and gently leaned her off of me and onto the cell, as I attempted to get a better listen in on the officers' radios.

"Unit 8, it's Stilinski. Report," I heard the Sheriff say,

"10-4, Sheriff. Suspect just leapt over my car," I heard one of the deputies say, I walked up from the holding cell area and made my way into the dark bull pen,

"Dispatch, I have eyes on the suspect. Corner of Union, heading north towards Beacon Hills High School. Confirm back on all fours," Another spoke deputy spoke,

"Uh, 10-4, can you give its 20?" the dispatcher said to her, I came up and saw the two of them sharing down at the radio, with confusion on their faces,

"In my rear view mirror. Coming right toward me. Advise suspect is... " She begun to say then she shouted, "Oh, my God!"

"Clark, back off..." Sheriff Stilinski said to her, but a loud shriek came through on the other side, followed by a crash,

The sheriff ran for his jacket in a hurry while the Dispatcher spoke again.

"All available units to Beacon Hills High School," He said into the radio,

I made my way over to the sheriff as he was heading for the door.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him, he looked back at me and I could the gears spinning in his head,

"Stay here, watch Parrish!," he said before he turned and headed towards the exit,

"Sheriff, I'm not a guard dog! I can help!" I said back to him,

"You are!" he said back before he lowered his voice, "If Parrish acts up and tries to leave to find another body, you're the only one, who can keep them safe,"

I looked back into the station at the few officers who were working the night shift, there were so little of them, but they were hear. I swallowed my nerves as I turned back and nodded to him, he left the station to find out, whatever the hell that was.

As I made my way back to the holding cells, I felt the muscles in my hands twitch so I stopped and looked down. Light from the window was hitting my hand and it made the veins under them, pump and flow, harder than usual. I stepped into the moonlight and looked up at the night's sky, it was cloudy but it was clear enough to see the shining orb that full in the sky.