5 - Forty-one

5 x 17 ~ A Credible Threat

______________________________

Leo's POV

Parrish moaned and groaned, but not in the good way that left your toes curling, but the bad way that leaves you covered in cold sweats.

I looked over to Chris, he hadn't moved from his seat in the corner for the majority of the night, he had his gun in hand, his heartbeat was steady and he was calm. He was ready for him to leave, again. I was sat on Jordan's bed waiting for the first sign, I had an extra set of clothes ready for him, in case he needed it.

My phone buzzed in my hand, I looked down and saw another text from Lydia, she was having trouble sleeping, so I was keeping her company. It's been like this for the pass few days, her having trouble at night, then being fidgety in the morning. I was about to reply when a sudden movement made me look up. Jordan was standing.

Then without a word he was out of his apartment. Chris and I shared a look before we made our way after him. We found ourselves at the school, but we couldn't find Jordan, just a trail of burnt property damage, smoke, and some blood. We walked until we came up to Scott, Stiles and Liam.

"Where's Parrish?" Scott asked us,

"Lost him. He's moving too fast," Chris told them, I looked around the darkened school as the faint scent of blood drifted towards me,

"Scott," Liam called out and we turned to look at him, "That guy's not moving at all,"

We looked down the path and saw someone laying on the ground, we moved towards him and the scent of blood became stronger, the man's heart wasn't beating so we kept on going until we came to the school buses.

"Look..." Liam told us,

That's when we saw the bus. It looked like something straight out of an episode of Criminal Minds, but dialed up to 12. Blood and bodies littered in the inside of the bus, and even from this distance, I could only hear a few beating hearts. Then someone's hand reached out.

"Help me," the person called out,

"It's a trap," A deep voice spoke, we looked as Jordan, well, the hellhound walked out of the school,

"Please..." The man pleaded to us, Scott and I inched forward to aide him,

"You can't help him," The hellhound told us, and we stopped,

There was a snarl, then the upper half of the man's body dropped to curb. The beast came forward from inside the bus, growling at us. Everyone flinched back.

"That's big. No one said it was that big," Stiles muttered,

"I did," Liam told him,