Chapter 16 - Meet Queen Aziki

He did not just let it slip!

There was a long awkward silence, a silence that's been drawn own for minutes. 

No-one said anything, and I dared not to move because this got disastrous so quick.

So much so for a 'strictly business' trip!

"Queen you say?" someone from the long table of people. Oh, and I forgot to mention: My mate, King Adranus, invited me to dinner with over 200 hundred people. I could barely pay attention. It was simply too much!

There was another moment of awkward silence.

This may be my last few minutes. Not only was I in vampire-land (a place where werewolves were not supposed be spending two weeks vacation with there Alpha-King, half werewolf-vampire mate), but I was just announced as the Queen to my mate's family and all the other 3 billion people in this room! And I just had a feeling I was not exactly welcomed... being a female Alpha Wolf.

This could not get worse.

"As in mate?" another person said with a scottish accent. 

Adrian, or should I say, Adranus simply sat quietly on his high horse as if he did not just spilled very highly classified information to many many many people.

I was simply freaking out!

"Ahem." I said clearing my throat. All heads turned to me. God please help me.

"Well, you see-"

"Yes, my mate and your Queen." Adranus cut me off. 

Y'all heard him too right? He did not just say that! Again!

The look I gave him could've really murdered him and bury him. If only it had that much power. 

"Our Queen is a wolf?" one of the warriors asked. Well, I assumed. He was burly, as most of the men here. 

"That's hilarious!" one man chipped in laughing. "We've spent years living isolated from a specie who turns out to be our queen... what the actual hell?" 

The people all shared glances as if really wondering how could this be.

Mannnnnnn, Adrian is gonna hear it from me tonight!

"Yea, this is Aziki Rodden, Alpha of the True-Clan pack. A female Alpha, an extreme rarity for the werewolf world. One of the strongest woman I know. And she's about to be your queen!" Adranus basically shouted from beside me. 

This broke the ongoing silence as loud cheers and screaming could be heard from everyone around me.

For a sceond I felt prideful, they didn't hate me. But reality sunk in again. This is the worst.

Not only have I not told my pack I have a mate, but I have a plan set out for less than 2 weeks to fight vampires, my mate is half the thing my pack hates, and word travels fast. Not to mention the vampire traditions for queen... this is my version of hell.