Chapter 25 - Xenus Finale 1

Day of Night 4

Day of Night 4

5:30 AM

"Wake up." a hoarse voice shouted at me. A heavy hand wrapped around my small frame and yanked me out of the bed. A dish was thrusted into my hands, and then my hands were being pulled above my head. I slipped my hands out of the person's and attempted to move away but instead, a groan slipped past my lips as a hand connected with my face.

"I said wake up bitch!"

I barely had time to open my eyes before I received another slap to the other side. My immediate reaction was to lunge, and so I did, hitting straight in his gut. My shoulder made contact with a rock solid abdomen, and the person didn't flinch or even let out a groan. I tried pushing him over with all my strength, but in a flash, I was on my back, on the bed, a hand holding me at my throat.

So I assume he's a vampire...?

He yanked the dish out of my hand, not that it mattered as all the contents were now splayed all over the bed and my torso.

"Eat. And don't try anything funny again." the man said. I looked up to see he's wearing a mask, and red eyes shone down at me through the two holes reserved for eyes. His lips lifted into a snarl when we made eye contact.

"The plate's empty asshole." I said.

"And who's fault is that?" he replied, squeezing my throat. I thrashed against him, scratching at his hands.

"I could kill you now," he said maliciously.

"B-but, I-I bet y-you can't!" I choked out. He immediately stopped.

"I could. I want to. But I can't."

"You're a vampire?" I asked. He eyed me distastefully before walking over to the door.

"No questions."

Then he slammed the door shut.

I imagine the nasty bruise his hands will leave on my throat but that wasn't my immediate thought after the attack; I couldn't smell him. I couldn't recognize any scents since I was locked in this room. And given that he had red eyes, he wasn't a human. They must have some witch hiding their scents.

Last Night after they knocked Adrian out, I was bagged and shoved into a car. As much as I thrashed, and screamed, they did nothing. No-one spoke to me. No-one fed me. Nothing. It was almost as if I didn't exist. I didn't even see Xenus again that night, or even heard anything of him. They just locked me in this room and left.

I hope someone found Adrian because I'd hate for him to be all alone out there. And worse, I hope they didn't hurt him or capture him. I know what Xenus is going to do to me. He has me and he's going to make certain that he destroys me. I know I'm not going to make it out alive. It sucks but it's the truth and I've accepted it.

The room wasn't a dungeon -thank God- but the fact that it was more like a hospital made me feel a bit sick. It leaves me to wonder what exactly Xenus' plans are for me. The room only has one piece of furniture, the bed, and everywhere else is empty. Just a tiny bed and a door.