Chapter 12

I really contemplated erasing her memory as I looked at her unresponsive body

I really contemplated erasing her memory as I looked at her unresponsive body. It's been like that for the past couple of minutes and I'm a bit freaked out. Maybe I shouldn't have told her the full truth but what's the point? She would've found out later and that might have been worse.

"Ziki?" I spoke. No response. She sat upright, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape. Maybe I should erase her memory.

"I was to kill you." She said staring straight ahead. "My pack is to- is going to kill you and all of you. It was discussed and agreed upon."

I looked at her surprised.

"Excuse me?" I said seriously.

"Yes. I had devised a plan. After Xenus surprisingly disappeared, there has been strong scents of vampires on our territory. You left for basically 2 months and something had to be done." She said in an Alpha manner.

"Vampires are the enemy Adrian. You of all persons should know that. And even worse, there is a mixture of werewolf scents too. It's as if they are one entity, which is weird because we are enemies." She spoke. After a minute of pondering, she continued. "I guess it makes sense why... hybrids." She said looking directly at me.

"My pack is in danger because of vampires. We have realized the current traffic of vampires in and around our pack grounds and to avoid impending doom, we had a plan that would erase any threats by killing all vampires that are in our vicinity" She continued.

"And now my mate, casually slips out the fact that he is half vampire." She said deliriously. "This is beyond unfortunate."

"I never knew of those plans." I said looking at her intently.

"No, you don't Adrian. You have been gone for a while. And we haven't contacted much." She spoke.

"But I am your mate and everything regarding you as well as your safety is top priority." I spoke.

"I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself." She spoke "And to be honest Adrian, the only thing that is threatening to me right now is you."

"You do realize I only told you this because it concerns your safety, right?" I spoke. "I could've not told you and you wouldn't have found out. I told you because I think you deserve to know, and I trust you with this information. You said when I trust you fully, I must tell you so that's what I am doing right now."

"You can't expect me to swallow this, Adrian. We are natural enemies, in your case, half-natural enemies." She spoke. "How am I to normalize having a 'vampire' mate Adrian. I am quite aware that I told you that, but this is big, and you know this is big. I'm not upset. I'm glad you told me but I still have to process. I think it's best I go home." She seemed dishelleved. This information was confusing her and clearly, she doesn't like confusion.

"Don't go. We can talk about this and you can ask me anything you wish to know." I said softly while slowly walking towards her. The closer I got; I saw the vulnerability in her features. She was at war in her mind, and I get how bad this is for her. The hate for vampires from werewolves run deep. And I can't expect her to be 'ok.' It'll take time as long as she doesn't reject me.