Chapter 10

In Loving Memory of Kobe Bryant, Chadwick Boseman, Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and all other lives lost in 2020. (Drop someone, popular or not, that you've lost in 2020 in respect of their memory.)

📍Romania

📍Romania

I haven't been here in months. Since the death of my actual grandfather who was born 1579 and died 2019, I haven't been ruling. His name was Jure Grando Alilović and he married my grandmother who was werewolf, Mihaela Loana died 1919. They were the first people in Romania who married out of classification and eventually created a small kingdom of hybrids. My dad, my uncles and aunts were the first ever hybrids, who in turn had children who were hybrids. All my parent's children were hybrids except my little sister. Some of my aunt's genes were not strong enough to make hybrids as well as my uncles but they made strong singles, that is, stronger vampires or stronger werewolves.

Moroi-s were crawling all over the town. They were Romanian native vampires. Vampires sired to my grandfather's father and his father and all the fathers before. The place was in good condition. Everyone was looking lively, as usual. Dancing was going on.

For a couple of dead people, they were sure alive.

I love this place. It's where I grew up. Where I learnt everything, and I wouldn't trade this place for anything. I'm only 119 years old, young compared to most vampires here. These Moroi-s were a set of loveable and accepting people - to me. They respected me as how a pack would respect a veteran Alpha and Luna. They were respectable but vicious, very dangerous. They were literally a cause to end of the world, undefeated.

Morovle-s are hybrids sired to my grandfather. They are more vulnerable than the straight vampires. Weird innit? Yea that's because they could be put down by their wolf. I am a hybrid with a stronger werewolf gene. This reason why I am the King of the Romanian nation of Moroi-s, Morolve-s and Strigoi-s, is because I have the blood of my grandfather coursing through my veins, royal blood. I also have 10% of my grandmother's blood mixed with my dad's and my mother's, who is a Strigoi (witch with two souls) mixed with werewolf. So, all in all, I have four genes coursing through my body: Hybrid, Vampire, Werewolf and Strigoi. Hybrid blood is different, it's an entirely different type of gene that when combined with others, is extremely powerful.

A few of the children spotted me and immediately started off to car. I blinked and the car was surrounded. I ordered the driver to stop as the car could harm them. I stepped out of the car with Zach on my tail and the children enveloped me in hugs. I smiled; I really love these people.

"You're back! How was your trip?" many of them shouted. It was hard to talk over the joyous sounds of laughter and happy sighs.

"I'm having a dinner tonight to meet with everyone" I boomed. They smiled and ran off. I got back in the car and rode up to castle. It didn't exactly look like a cliché castle, but it was an ancient building that was extremely large. Exceeding your imagination. Large enough to hold 2000 adult vampires and hybrids and around 300-400 children for dinner.