Chapter 2

The pack adored me

The pack adored me. I knew it. Three weeks has passed, and the pack has developed greatly. The warriors were stronger, Katy was a great beta and Joshua redeemed himself to the pack and to me.

Although everything seemed perfect. There was an issue, a massive one and the pack was still oblivious. They needed to learn vigilance. They weren't keen.

And that issue is big.

How was it that someone managed to sneak into the pack within the few days I was here? The fact that I didn't know was bad but the fact that the pack of so much hadn't realized was worst.

The funny thing is that the scent was really enticing. I only got a few whiffs of it but it was really sweet. Like honeycombs and marshmallows with a tinge of coconut musk. Whew! That's not Alpha behavior.

I really need to find out who this person is and why are they here.

"Katy, how old are you?" I asked her

"Alpha, I'm 10 years old, 11 next month" she replied. Ok She's old enough. I need to train her into being vigilant and keen.

"Has anything seem off about the pack recently?" I asked. She stood quietly for a while thinking deeply.

"I didn't wish to say this, but I think there is a new guy in our pack, the weird thing is he's always hiding. He looks really nice though and the weirdest thing about him is that he radiates some sort of strong energy. Like he's really powerful. Anytime I'd glimpse him I felt an urge to now and say Alp-" She stopped midway probably thinking I'd get upset.

"First off, you're very outspoken for your age. And secondly, a guy? That's weird. And he seems powerful. That's probably why I can't pinpoint him. Just wow! I'm failing the pack already" I said

"Alpha, you're not failing the pack. That's the thing I think the mystery guy is hiding from you. I think he's a bit intimidated." She said. I reeled back. Hiding from me?

"Katy, do you think I should tell the pack about this stranger?" I asked.

"Alpha are you crazy! Sorry but you don't know what that man is here for or what he's doing. We need to play it like we don't know and try to catch this man off guard" Katy said.

She really is smart. Really don't doubt my decision for making her my beta.

I ruffled her hair and smiled.

"Ok beta. We'll do exactly that. Now where exactly did you first see him." I asked.

"Out by the woodlands. I think he was going for a run. He was really weird. His eyes were red, and it was like he was looking through me. He looks at the sun setting and shut his eyes. By the time he opened them his eyes looked normal and within a second he shifted and ran. It was so quick i could've sworn It didn't happen. Alpha, I've never seen someone shift and fun that fast. I think he's a real threat." She said a bit scared.