Chapter 19

"Despite all the attacks, threats, and deaths this pack has faced, we've managed to stick together and keep working toward the greater good of our pack

"Despite all the attacks, threats, and deaths this pack has faced, we've managed to stick together and keep working toward the greater good of our pack. And, as leader, I cant take all the credit for that because it was you, all of you. Your commitment and cooperation majorly contribute to the upkeeping of our pack and I want to say a sincere thank you to every single one of you."

The crowd erupted in a chorus of cheers. Warriors patted each other on the back, mothers kissed their babies' little faces, some of the elderly swung their canes in the air and many of the young pack members jumped on the spot shouting loudly, choruses of joy and approval.

A faint smile graced my face. The sight was glorious.

"Alpha Reynolds," I pointed to the burly, brown-skinned man beside me, "one of the men who orchestrated plans to fight against Xenus, a fiend to our pack, has introduced a new method to get rid of the evil for good."

Happy faces turned into determined ones. Ears cocked, listening intently to what I am about to say.

"Last week I went to Romania-"

Whispers broke out, shifting the attention from what I was about to say, to what I just said.

I continued. "I visited Alpha Reynolds's father, who is also the father of Xenus, and he volunteered multiple strategies we could adopt to fight Xenus and rid him for good. Now, listen carefully, Xenus is a hybrid."

I paused, gauging their reactions once more. I saw the confusion, felt the atmosphere charge with dread.

"And so is Alpha Reynolds. They are both half-vampires, half-werewolves. I know this is big news, but we don't have time to react because Xenus is planning something horrible, and we have to fight back now." I said sternly.

I avoided the unmistaken look of betrayal displayed on their faces that made me fear they were on the cusps of rebellion.

"It is going to be a bloody war. The plan is a very gruesome one but thanks to my mate-" I cleared my throat. "Alpha Reynolds, we have additional warriors from his pack."

"Alpha we had a plan!" my head warrior shouted.

"I know, and it's un-"

"We were to stake them, plan raids, burn them!" he continued. The other members hummed in approval.

"I know all of that! But I am saying, Change of Plans!" I roared, "He isn't just a vampire, he's also like us, werewolves. We can't rid hybrids how we do vampires; we have to revise our strategy and get our heads in the game!"

"Alpha we hate vampires." A mother from the crowd spoke, "We were taught that, how is he allowed to be here? How did you go to Romania and live?"

"Because we were taught to hate them, but they were taught the truth." I said. She eyed me, showing her disapproval and confusion.

I took that time to quickly explain the advisory clause. Expressions of confusion morphed to understanding, some still processing.