Chapter 3

It's been almost a week and you wouldn't believe how exhausting it has been. Alpha Reynolds proved to be a man of his word and has been managing my pack affairs in order to help me be one step ahead if this 'evil man'

Seeing as he is my mate, the tension was high and raw, and I always felt an urge to just touch him. He sometimes gazes at me too, but nobody knows he's my mate. And I plan to keep it like that. Mates are for the weak.

"Aziki, you seen out of it" Alpha Reynolds said. He came over to me and began rubbing my temples. I felt amazing. I sighed and relaxed in his touch.

"I'm just exhausted. Out of the  six and a half days we've been on the lookout  I only slept for a night." I said. He looked at me worryingly and said.

"I'll take over for a while you can go to sleep" he proceeded to kiss my forehead, a gesture I was unfamiliar with but still softened my insides. He was so nice.

"Thank you." I said. He came and sat beside me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, resting my head on his shoulders. He stroked my hair until I finally fell asleep.

I was squished between a comfortable feeling thing and the couch

I was squished between a comfortable feeling thing and the couch. It was warm and cozy, I could lie her all day. Being slightly awake, I could feel the presence of someone in the room. Immediately gathering some sense, I shot up but before I could catch a glimpse of the person who just rushed out, my very comfortable thingy pulled me close, smashing to its chest. It was Adrian. What the-?

What was I doing lying on him? This was unusual. I should get up right this instance. But I couldn't. He was so comfortable. I wish to lie on him forever. My wolf, Azuli purred making my face contort in a very disgusted manner. This was so unlike me.

I pushed Adrian's hand from around me and got up quickly. I shook him awake with a snarl on my lips.

"Don't freaking do that!" I whisper yelled. He seemed startled by my absurd behavior. He rubbed his eyes and stretched awake contrasting this behavior to his usual 'm the strongest and fiercest Alpha in the world' act.

"What Ziki? What did I do now?" He asked with a roll of his eyes.

"No, Adrian, No. Just don't ever let me hear you call me that" I said fiercely, he chuckled. "And stop trying to play dumb. You know what you did? Snuggling up to me? and hugging me. Don't do that here. I'm an Alpha. Doing cringy stiff like that is awfully disturbing to my pack. Moreover, I have a beta that is 10 years old." That seemed to catch his attention.

"For the Moon Goddess' sake, who the hell has a beta who is ten years old." he asked startled. Obviously, he didn't know me at all.

I slapped his shoulder telling him to get up and look presentable. He got up and the left the room asking directions to the restroom.