Chapter 27 - Kingdoms Unite

Omniscient POV

As Aziki and Adrian ascended the staircase to meet their parents, everyone in the hall cheered loudly for their new King and Queen. It was that time of the year when the annual VMMS Ball was being held. In this ball, the new King and Queen were to be inducted.

From the right stood Aziki's pregnant mother and her father all smiling proudly. Aziki's mom was miraculously able to conceive and it was a moment of celebration for itself. As much as Aziki's relationship with her parents were weak, they still came to support their daughter despite the years of segregation between the species. And, Aziki was equally as grateful for their presence.

In the middle of the throne room Adrian's mother and father were smiling brightly at Aziki. They were very excited to have her as their Queen because according to them, "She fit the criteria and added some." She was the perfect Queen after her experience as a ruler. At their left, his brothers and their mates.

In the middle stood the Master of Ceremonies, the man who would unite them and by extension, the VMMS Kingdom. Today was revolutionary as things their ancestors a 1000 years back could never imagine were happening right here, right now in the heart of Romania.

You must be wondering what had happened after Adrian and Aziki fell from feets up in the air and splattered across the ground. Well, sadly, I hate to break it to you, he died and Aziki was left mateless.

Sike, well, of course not. How else would they attend the ball?

He didn't actually fall to his death. He did fall though, right on top of Xavier who was then smashed to pieces from the distance he fell and the added weight of both Aziki and Adrian.

Adrian wasn't bruise-free as he was on his back for two weeks, repairing the horrific damage that was done to his spine and internal organs. He did heal however and Aziki was there helping him every step of the way. Aziki had a few bruises here and there from her previous mistreatment and the impact of the fall, but most importantly, she was fully functional and hadn't suffered any major damages. She spent the next few weeks caring for Adrian, and showering him, in her own way, with the love she held for him.

Of course, Aziki was still emotionally cast down because of losing her best friend. As much as she didn't mean anything to him, he was very much real to her. And a tiny part of her heart was devastated when he was crushed to pieces. Even with the knowledge that he never was a real friend to her and he was the enemy all along.

Moment of silence for Aziki's loss.

As for the situation with Xenus, the real Xenus, Adrian's parents were heartbroken after hearing what really happened to their son. There wasn't anything they could do now about it, but the sorrow stil stenched the halls of the castle. The memory of Xenus was stained by someone impersonating him and after years of thinking he was the enemy, no-one could come to terms with the thought that he wasn't. And that he was murdered. Conversely, the thought of the murder he committed, broke hearts all over again, and it is safe to say, the memory of Xenus will always be a bittersweet one, and an extremely sore spot.

"We are all here today to witness a revolution!" the master of ceremonies said. "Here, in these halls, hold hundreds of moroi-s, strigoi-s, werewolves and morolve-s celebrating the induction of an Alpha, now turning Queen!"

That was a mouthful! But it was true!

"Who would've thought that after years of separation, hatred and strife between us, we'd all unite to celebrate on this occasion!" he continued. "Certainly not me."

Adrian smiled at his queen right that instant, thinking of all the ways he could have her after the ceremony.

The crowd cheered, everyone clapping and shouting for the couple. Aziki looked out in the crowd, unconsciously searching for her bestfriend's eyes and when she couldn't find him, the thought of who he really was broke her heart all over again. How could she ever forget?