Chapter 18

I woke up to a massive headache and an all too familiar scenery; trees in abundance and a house not too far away, I knew all too well

When did I get back here? 

The last thing I could remember is being in the conference room with Adranus, stepping out to his room then blank. Nothing else. Not even the flight back here I can remember.

That is so weird.

Pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind, I got up from the ground and began walking back to my packhouse.

I am a woman on a mission.  

After the meeting with Adranus' dad, I'm  hellbent on telling my pack about my mate. I've been hiding it for far too long and the fact that he's a hybrid demands me to tell them. They deserve to know. 

You know what's even more puzzling? The fact that we- werewolves- inherently hate vampires but my mate is half one - and he's a werewolf himself. I figure that the hatred between our kind was taught to us because our creator would not be evil enough to put two things that hate each other into one entity.

The thought of that made me smile because maybe I can convince my pack that having a vampire around is not that bad. And that vampires are not so bad. 

Ha! who am I fooling. 

And the advisory clause... they don't even know about that and the least they could do is learn about their rights and what their law actually says. 

The walk back had me thinking about Adrian. I feel like I haven't heard from him in a while but we were just on a trip in Romania. It doesn't add up.

I made a mental note to visit his pack today but only after I tell my pack about my mate. I have to do it today or else I fear I may never tell them. And that is cowardice.

Fifteen minutes later, I reached my pack house and began walking to my office. My suitcase, the one I brought to Romania, was placed in the corner of my office, somewhere I would never put it.

My eyebrows quirked before I moved it and placed it in my room. 

I looked around the house and did not see Xavier. The last time we spoke was before the meeting in Romania and we were discussing Katy's party. Everything was set in motion and her party would be on the day I leave. I don't even remember hearing about her party and that's when I decided I'd talk to Xavier about it.

There isn't anything wrong... as far as I can see, but I just feel like I missed a chunk of my life... and it's my life so how could that possibly happen?

I opened my mindlink and reached out to Xavier.

Woolcock! I heard in my head.

Hey, could you come to the pack office right now? I asked him. I saw him nod -in my head- before I heard the front door open and he was infront of me in a couple seconds.