Chapter 22 - Xenus Part 2

Obviously, Xenus was intent on having me because what happened only four nights after the incident, could only mean two things: 1) Someone inside the pack was definitely working for him and 2) He planned his attack way before he came to see me tha...

Obviously, Xenus was intent on having me because what happened only four nights after the incident, could only mean two things: 1) Someone inside the pack was definitely working for him and 2) He planned his attack way before he came to see me that day.

Let's rewind to the night with me and Adrian...

Night 1

"Adrian, I'm not mad at you." I said to him, He released a huge sigh before crawling up to me on the bed.

"Aziki, I didn't mean to hurt you with my actions. I only wanted to protect you from the monstrosities that are in my world." he said sincerely.

"I understand that but Adrian... I don't care. I don't mean to be cold, but I've been taking care of myself and I can continue to do so. You can protect me, but taking away something only I should have absolute control over, is just wrong. And you hurt me by doing that." I explained.

He sighed, "I know. Just- Just let me explain, ok?"

I nodded, snuggling up to his chest. He kissed my forehead before he began speaking.

"Weeks earlier, Xenus showed up to your pack house- only a few days or maybe a few weeks into us talking. We weren't even steady then, and I was afraid I would lose you if you knew I was half-vampire. What had happened that night when I wiped your memory the first time was, Xenus showed up, and summoned Adranus. I had spent years cutting the connection with me and my vampire because the only reason I left Romania in the first place was because I chose my werewolf side." he said stroking my hair

"I went back a few years before I met you because the annual VMMS meeting was being held, and dad began to explain that Xenus left too. He was to be crowned king, since he had found his mate but a few nights before his induction, he vanished and so did his mate. After years of not showing his face, dad begged me to be King and I only said yes because I was able to handle my pack here, and also be present in Romania. There wasn't much controlling to do in the VMMS Kingdom, only political stuff and that isn't very taxing. I wasn't sure how I was able to fill the position since I had to have a mate but I guess it worked because dad was getting unfit and my younger brothers were too young then.

Xenus was never a problem, in fact, he was almost a mentor to me, but it seems he had changed when he showed up at my induction with threats of war and how he was building an army for whoever killed his mate. I'm not sure how I reached on the receiving end of his hate, since I never even met his mate and I was MIA for most of the time he was Prince. He left that day and only ever showed up again when you and I were there." he said.

"When he showed up at your pack, Zack had told me and I was so frightened that I didn't know what to do. I worse didn't expect him to summon Adranus, who was buried very deep somewhere inside of me. Even when I became King I hadn't reconnected with him. He was unstable, after years of being buried away so I was scared he'd hurt you as werewolves are natural enemies to us vampires. After he summoned him, he carried him somewhere I don't remember because when Adranus had first resurfaced I felt almost as if everything was a lucid dream. The only things I can remember clearly from that night is that he threatened you- to take you away from me- and the look on your face when I was in control again. It almost broke me and I just couldn't risk it so I wiped your memories." he finished.